Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF): an easy recipe for perfectly soft ‘n chewy chocolate chip cookies packed with peanut butter flavor! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Happy Birthday, Dylan! Aka PB aka Pooh Bear aka Dylano Cookie. Can you believe my little nephew turns five soon? (And has that many nicknames?!?)
I still remember the first time I held him. His mama, my sister Jenny, was resting in her hospital bed, totally spent and exhausted from, ya know, going into labor. 😉 She looked so small and yet so strong and powerful that day.
Dylan was so tiny, just about the size of two grapefruits lined up, or a fresh-baked loaf of bread, in an 8-inch pan. (Boy, I really do think about food A LOT.) 😜 He was bright red, still hadn’t opened his eyes yet, but was already screaming his butt off.
From the day he was born, PB made himself known. He’s always been very spirited, sassy, and straight up a handful.
And he’s always had the biggest heart. When he first learned to really speak, he would always run around, making sure everyone was doing okay. One time, my mom–his grandma, accidentally burned her hand while cooking. PB ran to the freezer, grabbed ice, threw it into a paper towel, and offered it to her. Can you believe?
He’s the sweetest and sassiest kid in the world. He’s fiercely loyal, so loving, and endlessly curious about everything. Just watching him grow up has been such a gift.
Now that he’s five, he has so much more of a personality. He’s got opinions about everything, from which Rescue Bot is the coolest, to whether or not he should or shouldn’t eat his broccoli before or after his vegan chocolate chip cookie, to what’s right and what’s wrong.
He also has very strong opinions about what is and is not an almond, as Erik and I learned when we gave him some of these 4 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Bars not too long ago.
So to celebrate this special little man on his all important day, I thought we’d make… you guessed it: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!! His mom and I have this long running joke about how “PB” doesn’t actually stand for “peanut butter” (even though he loves it… for now), but that all peanut butter recipes on BB are dedicated to him. 😂
Happy Birthday, Dylan!!
I tweaked this recipe from reader faves Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies and Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies. I dialed down the oil a bit and made a few adjustments so you’d get a denser cookie, with plenty of satisfying chewiness. 🙂
Just in case you’re curious, here are a few of the recipes I’ve made for our special little sir over the years:
- Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Almond Breakfast Cookies
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
Let’s count all the ways we love these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! They’re:
- deliciously dense and satisfying
- bursting with peanut butter flavor
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
- just the vegan chocolate chip peanut butter cookies you’ve been searching for
- packed with all the dairy-free chocolate chips you could ask for
- made with the healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- everything you could want in a gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe
- one of my favorite peanut butter treats, joining the ranks of: no bake peanut butter cup oatmeal bars, easy vegan banana breakfast cookies, and reader-fave peanut butter coconut oatmeal cookies!
- crafted with love, and perfect for celebrating the birthday of someone special 🙂
Let’s all bake to Dylano Cookie! You grab the peanut butter, I’ll prepare the birthday decorations. 😉 I’ll meet ya in the kitchen! It’s always so wonderful hearing how BB creations turn out for you. I’m so grateful to be baking, making, and sharing all the good-vibes-filled kitchen memories with you. Be sure to sign up to my free email list so you never miss a recipe!
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌︎ Click below to Pin 📌︎
If you enjoyed this Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, then you’ll just love these healthy peanut butter dessert recipes:
More Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Recipes
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Homemade Frosty Recipe
- Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: peanut butter, oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Whisk thoroughly, as long as you can, until thickened and cohesive. Using a rubber spatula, fold until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Optionally, press chocolate chips into cookies. Using a fork, press down to flatten cookies to desired thickness—cookies will only spread a little.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 11 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes. If desired, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Adapted from my Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies.
Also try my 4 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies and my Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cookies.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.