Easy Vegan Lemon Loaf: this dairy free lemon loaf is moist & fluffy, bursting with bright lemon flavor. Easy to make, Plant-Based ingredients, Gluten Free.
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, sugar, maple syrup and extracts. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Mine took 50 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to check for doneness—once it comes out clean with just a few moist bits (no wet batter!), it’s done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Then, lift out of pan, transferring loaf along with parchment paper directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice loaf. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Lemon Recipes to Try
- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
- Lemon Coconut Macaroons Recipe (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free)
- Vegan Soft Baked Lemon Donuts with Lemon Glaze! (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Lemon Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- Easy Vegan Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe (Gluten-Free, Healthy)
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Finely Ground, Blanched Almond Flour | Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil | Almond Extract | Pure Vanilla Extract
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results.
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment. Here’s a wonderful loaf container.
- To Freeze: store in an airtight container or bag in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15 second increments until just warm.
- Recommended Tools: 8-inch Loaf Pan | Citrus Zester | Citrus Squeezer | Flour Sifter
- Category: Quick Breads, Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American