Homemade Dark Chocolate Sea Salt KIND Nut Bars (V, GF, DF): a protein-rich recipe for homemade KIND bars drizzled in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Packed.
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup peanuts
- ½ cup vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the bars: Add almonds, peanuts, cereal and salt to a large bowl. Stir until well mixed. Pour maple syrup over this mixture. Fold until well incorporated.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into a tightly packed, even layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes (mine took 35 mins). Bars must bake thoroughly, or they won’t hold together when cooled.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour, or until completely cooled. Use a heatproof spatula to gently lift and loosen bars from parchment. Slice into 12 bars (6 rows by 2 columns).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Clear some room in the freezer for this sheet–you will need it later. Set the sheet on a clear work area.
- Dip the bars: Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or doing the following. Add Chocolate Coating ingredients to a medium microwave-safe bowl (large enough to dip bars in). Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of one bar into the melted chocolate, scraping off excess on the side of the bowl. There should be enough chocolate for a thin layer on each bar. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat, spacing each bar evenly apart, until all bars are dipped.
- Drizzle the bars: Add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to a clean, microwave-safe bowl. Repeat heating instructions, until chocolate is smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a zip bag with a tiny corner snipped off. Drizzle each bar in a zigzag pattern. Sprinkle sea salt over bars.
- Place bars carefully into the freezer. Freeze for 10-20 minutes, or until chocolate is completely hardened. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my 5 Ingredient Homemade KIND Nut Bars (V, GF, DF).
– Storing instructions: for the first day, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. After the first day in the fridge, you may store them at room temperature in a cool, dark environment for up to 1 month.
– More easy homemade snacks (all V, GF, DF): peanut butter cup oatmeal bars, cherry chocolate chip chia energy bites, peanut butter cookie energy bars, cranberry almond butter breakfast bars.
- Category: Energy Bars, Snacks, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar Free, Protein-Packed.