No Bake Chocolate Dipped Paleo Coconut Macaroons (V, GF): a 5-ingredient recipe for soft and chewy macaroons packed with coconut flavor and dipped in rich dark chocolate. Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
No Bake Coconut Macaroons
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes (I used Anthony’s gluten-free small coconut flakes)
- ¼ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, solid or melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons paleo vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons paleo vegan chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside for later.
- Make the macaroons: Add all ingredients (coconut, almond flour, oil and maple syrup) to a food processor. Small coconut flakes are preferable, since large flakes will result in moister and softer macaroons. Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use.
- Blend until you get a wet and sticky mixture, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Here are the 1-tablespoon cookie scoop and 2-tablespoon cookie scoop I use. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart.
- Place baking sheet into the freezer for 15-25 minutes, or until cookies are firm.
- Make the chocolate dip: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Remove macaroons from freezer. Dip the bottom of one cookie into the bowl of melted chocolate, scraping off excess. Place back onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all macaroons are dipped. There should be leftover melted chocolate.
- Make the drizzle: Add 2 tablespoons chocolate chips to your bowl of leftover melted chocolate. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of each macaroon.
- Freeze for 10-20 minutes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– *Small coconut flakes are best for this recipe, but large coconut flakes will work too. With the large coconut flakes, the macaroons will be more moist and soften quicker at room temperature. Keep them in the refrigerator.
– Storing instructions: The first day, macaroons are best kept in the refrigerator. After that, macaroons are fine to store at room temperature (if you used small coconut flakes). Always store in an airtight container, in a cool, dark environment.
– If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: No Bake, Dessert, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free