4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Homemade Frosty Recipe (V+GF): an easy, 5-minute recipe for a thick ‘n creamy homemade Wendy’s frosty made with just 4 healthy ingredients! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo option, No Added Sugar, Refined Sugar-Free.
Have you ever tried a frozen hot chocolate? I know, I know, it’s totally a weird, but yummy, but also understandably, mind boggler of a concept. Contradiction much? 😉
I wasn’t exactly warming to the concept.
But about a year and a half ago, I made something that tasted like a hot chocolate, but frozen. Yes, I’m full of delicious contradictions. It was this peanut butter hot chocolate smoothie. It was one of the tastiest things I’ve ever drank. (Why does saying “drank” always sound wrong, btw?)
Anywho, the happy accident that came from that was realizing that I could say ‘that’ three times in one sentence. Heh heh. I mean… I realized that peanut butter adds a wonderfully creamy and thick element to frozen treats. One reader even pointed out that the frozen hot chocolate recipe reminded her of a frosty.
So just one and a half short years later, I’ve revised, tested, and re-worked that peanut butter hot chocolate smoothie recipe into this 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Homemade Frosty Recipe. Ta-da!!!
(Okay, I know I take forever and a half to do my recipe testing. But better late than never, right? ;))
Anyway, this year I’ve been applying the “peanut butter + frozen desserts = creamy frozen bliss” equation to quite a few mouthwatering treats. See: Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream and more to come this summer!
The results have been incredible. And I thought it was high time to make and share this homemade frosty. Upgraded with peanut butter, of course. (Doubly upgraded if you drizzle homemade peanut butter on top… and add a plate of freshly-made no bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies on the side).
This chocolate peanut butter homemade frosty recipe is super thick, ultra creamy and ridiculously good. It takes only a few minutes to make, and perhaps even less to eat. Alright, if you don’t want a brain freeze, a few more minutes than that—but Erik didn’t let that stop him!
If I don’t have you totally convinced yet, allow me to regale you with this chocolate peanut butter homemade frosty recipe’s most delicious aspects. It’s:
- made with just 4 ingredients
- ready in minutes
- deliciously vegan, gluten free, dairy-free
- wonderfully creamy and thick
- a delicious homemade frosty made without whipped cream or condensed milk
- the tastiest way to find out how to make a frosty like Wendy’s 😉
- deliciously plant-based and allergy-friendly
- the perfect healthy afternoon treat to have with maybe 1 or 2 of these chocolate peanut butter no bake energy bites
- just the healthy homemade Wendy’s frosty you’ve been searching for
- soooo good, you wished you’d made it sooner (but you couldn’t because I took forever and then some to share this, my bad!)
Here’s to the happy, lazy vibes of summer! I hope you and your loved ones get to share in some slow, relaxing moments of joy in these coming months. I’m looking forward to seeing all of your frozen BB creations on Instagram and Facebook! As always….
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
📌︎ Click below to Pin 📌︎
If you enjoyed this 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Homemade Frosty Recipe, then you’ll just love these delicious vegan frozen dessert and drink recipes:
More Frozen Vegan Dessert & Drink Recipes
- Triple Berry Smoothie
- Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie (like PB&J in ice cream smoothie form!)
- No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (a huge reader fave)
- Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream (my favorite ice cream recipe! Made with just 4 ingredients + 10 mins of prep!)
- and Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies, just for fun. 😉
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural peanut butter (use almond butter for Paleo option)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (use paleo-friendly if desired)
- Add bananas into a food processor or blender. Blend until the bananas become crumbly. Add non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add peanut butter and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the processor periodically, as needed.
- Pour into two cups and enjoy! Optionally, top with peanut butter or chocolate shavings.
Adapted from my Peanut Butter Ice Cream Smoothie and my Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie.
Try these delicious frozen treats: Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream, Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.