No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, V, GF): a 7 ingredient, no churn recipe for creamy, rich and chocolatey ice cream bursting with coconut flavor. Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
So the other day, while munching on a piece of homemade Almond Joy, I realized that Erik and I’ve been living in Boston for about a year now. My mom really was right when she says that time flies by so quickly. According to her, it was just yesterday that I was running around with pigtails and a fruit-print jumpsuit on.
We made the decision to move from Maine just a couple of months before we packed up and left. At that point, we’d only been living in Maine for about 2 years. But honestly, it was a looooooong 2 years.
We’d come from living in San Diego, California, and that was one of the biggest adjustments we could’ve made. (I know, we move a lot, a lot!) Maine was just so different from what we were used to—big city living, walking access to everything and just a different kind of lifestyle.
But I’m glad we did it, then came to our senses, and moved away. For sure, Maine is just the perfect place for some folks, but not for Erik and me. Different strokes for different folks, right? 🙂
Anywho, last year, when we moved, we were just starting to shoot videos for the blog—for the first time ever. I shot a couple in Maine (one for fudgy paleo vegan brownies, one for 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies and one for no bake double chocolate peanut butter coconut energy bites, amidst a huge pile of moving boxes, then shot like 8 more amidst a new pile of moving boxes in Boston.
One of the first recipes I shot was Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream. That recipe became a completely unexpected hit, both on the blog and on Facebook. Turns out, a lot of readers love the coconut and chocolate combo!
So as a bit of a 1-year anniversary for Beaming Baker videos and living in Boston, we’re gonna be making No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream today!
This recipe is similar to coconut chocolate chip vegan ice cream in the ways that count, and mouthwateringly upgraded in the ways that, well, also count. I went ahead and ditched the fuss of having to melt chocolate chips… and upgraded those tiny, delicate flakes to satisfying chunks.
I also pumped up the chocolate factor by adding in some cocoa powder—which also, wonderfully helps to dial down the banana taste to pretty much nonexistence. Then, I added a few other special touches.
Whaddya say? Would you like to celebrate so deliciously with us this year?
And if you’re not much of a chocolate fan (gasp!!), perhaps I can interest you in this ridiculously easy, 3 steps-only 3 Ingredient Strawberry Coconut Sorbet? Of course, it’s vegan, dairy-free and paleo. Woohoo!!
Here are a few more reasons to try this No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream! It’s…
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free
- creamy, thick and indulgent
- just the perfect ice cream texture
- bursting full of chocolate and coconut deliciousness
- just the sassed-up vegan chocolate ice cream recipe you’ve been searching for (made with coconut milk or coconut cream, your choice!)
- your soon-to-be fave chocolate banana ice cream (vegan and dairy-free!)
- made with the healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- everything you could want in dairy-free homemade ice cream
- especially yummy with a side of 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream
- deliciously plant-based and allergy-friendly
- just the perfect way to enjoy the summer & celebrate something special
Grab a spoon and I’ll grab my favorite ice cream scooper! Let’s make this! Let me also take the time to tell you what it means to me to have you here. I love baking, no-baking, and ice-cream-making with you. It’s always a joy to see what you make. 🙂
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
📌︎ Click below to Pin 📌︎
If you enjoyed this smooth and creamy No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream, then you’ll just love these delicious healthy dessert recipes:
More Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
- Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Paleo Vegan Chocolate Covered Ice Cream Bars
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (paleo-friendly if desired)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons paleo vegan chocolate chunks, chips or chopped chocolate
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- 2 tablespoons paleo vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- Add bananas to a food processor (preferred) or blender. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla, blending until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add chocolate and coconut into the blender, blending until just incorporated (2-4 pulses). Here’s the paleo vegan chocolate chunks that I use.
- If you like super soft, melty ice cream, enjoy immediately. If you want your ice cream firm and scoopable: pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Optionally, sprinkle toppings and press into ice cream. Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
Adapted from my Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, V, GF).
Also try my super easy, no churn Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream and my 4 ingredient Dark Chocolate Nice Cream (Paleo, V, DF).
- More Frozen Desserts: chocolate covered strawberry ice cream bars, paleo almond joy milkshake, mango coconut ice cream.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.