Toasted Coconut Almond Rice Crispy Treats (V+GF): an easy, 5 ingredient recipe for sweetly satisfying, protein-packed toasted coconut rice crispy treats. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper, parchment or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Bring a small skillet to medium heat. Add coconut. Stir until lightly browned and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in almonds and brown rice cereal. Stir until all three ingredients are well-mixed.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated. Stir occasionally, heating until this mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour over the dry mixture. Stir and fold until well-incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth the rice crispy treats into an even, tightly packed layer.
- Chill in the freezer for 30-40 minutes. Remove and slice into 16 square treats. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 1 week.
– More whole ingredient snacks (all Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free): Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars, Mango Chia Seed Smoothie.
– Almond butter lover recipes (all Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free): Cookies, No Bake Bites, No Bake Granola Bars.
- Category: Snacks, No Bake, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free