Chewy & moist zucchini oatmeal chocolate chip cookies boast a deliciously crispy exterior, fresh zucchini for added moistness, and melty chocolate chips!
- 1 ¼ cups ap flour or oat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned, rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, vegan butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 10 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1–2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Switch to folding with a spatula when needed.
- Add zucchini to the dough. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold zucchini into the dough, until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into a flat, even layer in the bowl. Cover bowl with foil or lid, then freeze for about 35 minutes, or until somewhat firm.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Press chocolate chips evenly over the tops of each cookies. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness—mine was about 1/3” thick.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes.
- Move baking sheet onto a cooling rack to set cookies for about 5 minutes. Then, using a heatproof spatula, lift and transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack. Cool cookies for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Store cookies for 2-4 days in an airtight container. The cookies will last the longer end if stored in the refrigerator.
To make vegan: use vegan butter or coconut oil and vegan chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American