Best Healthy Zucchini Muffins: soft & moist zucchini muffins that are buttery and perfectly sweet. The best zucchini muffin recipe—healthy, gluten free, no refined sugar, delicious!
Happy Saturday! How’s it going so far? Any new adventures, activities or news for me? 🙂
As for what’s going on over here, Erik and I are spending July just trying to chillax a bit and perhaps enjoy a few more zucchini treats before all the zucchini runs dry. (Both figuratively and literally lol.)
Two weeks ago, I shared one of my favorite zucchini recipes to date: Healthy Zucchini Brownies—they’re moist, made with healthy ingredients and totally hit the sweet spot. But after I made those, guess what I still had left?
Lots and lots of zucchinis!!
The BEST Healthy Zucchini Muffins
So what’s a gal to do with a store of zucchinis and a big ol’ hankering for more baked zucchini treats? … Make healthy zucchini muffins!!!
Why are these healthy zucchini muffins the best healthy zucchini muffins ever? Because they’re easy to make, have the perfect taste and texture (more on that later) and are dairy-free, gluten free, vegan, free from refined sugar and made with simple, whole ingredients. Whoop whoop!
More Healthy Muffins: Vegan Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe // Healthy Lemon Raspberry Muffins Recipe – Easy Gluten Free Vegan Muffins!
Healthy Zucchini Muffins: the Taste & Texture
These zucchini muffins are the best healthy zucchini muffins ever because of their wonderful taste and texture. One bite, and you’d never guess that they’re made with healthy, whole ingredients.
The Taste: these zucchini muffins have an enjoyable buttery flavor, delicious medium sweetness, with a satisfying nuttiness that just hits the spot.
The Texture: incredible. Imagine healthy zucchini muffins that are soft and moist on the inside with a delicious mealy texture that’s SO good. You won’t be able to stop at just one. 😉
How to Make Zucchini Muffins Healthy
How do you make zucchini muffins healthy? Easy, follow this recipe! I’ve made sure to leave out refined sugars, pack in fiber-rich, heart-healthy oats, add healthy fats from almond meal and coconut oil, then snuck in all the veggies with, you guessed it, over 1 cup of zucchini! How awesome is that? Welcome to your new favorite healthy zucchini muffins!
Recommended Tools for the Best Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Muffin batter scoop – one of my most essential baking tools! I highly recommend using this muffin batter scoop (shhh… it’s secretly an ice cream scoop!) to scoop muffin batter for easier & more even batter distribution.
- Almond meal – the true #1 secret ingredient for the best healthy zucchini muffins. Almond meal adds a truly decadent texture to these zucchini muffins and helps to keep them wonderfully moist.
- Non-stick parchment muffin liners – 50% of the time, I use these nonstick parchment muffin liners. These guys are the gold standard in muffin liners. They are so nonstick that they naturally peel off on their own while your muffins are cooling! Perfect for folks who hate any kind of liners sticking to their muffins!
- Unbleached muffin liners – the other 50% of the time, I love using these unbleached muffin liners! They’re compostable, stick *just the right amount* to your muffins (so the liners don’t fall off mid-cooling) and are so easy to use.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Almond Meal | Coconut Sugar + Coconut Oil | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Walnuts | Gluten Free Rolled Oats for making Homemade Oat Flour
So, what do you do with all of the zucchinis lying around your house? (Besides sword fighting with them, and then asking yourself why there are zucchinis and cucumbers and pickles, but none of them are the same.) Make the best healthy zucchini muffins ever!! Then pat yourself on the pack for a job well done. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by and enjoying these kitchen adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Healthy Zucchini & Muffins Recipes
- No Almond Meal? Try this recipe –> Healthy Moist Vegan Zucchini Muffins w/ Chocolate Chips
- Best Ever Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Easy Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- 25+ Easy Healthy Muffin Recipes
- Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe
The Best Healthy Zucchini Muffins: Soft ‘n moist zucchini muffins that are buttery, perfectly sweet and made with healthy ingredients. The best zucchini muffin recipe!
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups grated zucchini
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place muffin liners into a 12-cup muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Thoroughly press and fold in zucchini and walnuts, until zucchini is very well incorporated (about 30 seconds)—lightly smash the zucchini into the batter. The batter will be very, very thick—do not add additional liquids to thin out the batter.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I use this ice cream scoop to create beautiful domed tops. If not using a scoop, use a rubber spatula or spoon to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top. Batter will bake up very similar to how it looks raw. To make fewer, high-domed top muffins, fill cups all the way with a slight mound on top; to make a larger quantity of medium-domed top muffins, fill cups ¾ of the way. Optionally, top with walnuts.
- Bake for 24-32 minutes, depending on how many muffins are made. Mine took 28 minutes for 8 total tall-domed top muffins. It will bake on the lower end for 12 muffins. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness—once it comes out clean with just a few moist bits, it’s done.
- Allow muffins to cool in the muffin pan, placed on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes. Then lift muffins out of the pan, transferring directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 30-60 minutes. Enjoy!
Healthy Zucchini & Muffins Recipes
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 2-5 days in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment. Best the first day.
To Freeze: Store in an airtight container or bag, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy zucchini muffins, almond flour zucchini muffins
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.