Soft, pillowy zucchini chocolate chip cookies melt in your mouth with the perfect moistness, just a touch of crisp exterior, fresh zucchini and gooey chocolate chips.
Warm Coconut Sugar Sweetness Combines With Fresh Zucchini For The Best Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Are you a fan of zucchini? When I was little, I thought zucchini was the worst—like, it doesn’t have the sweetness of carrots, nor the tastiness of chocolate (okay, fine… I was chocolate obsessed and even related veggies to the thing.) But now, as a sorta-sage adult with some experience under my belt, I can tell you: zucchini is fire. (I was gonna say the sh** or the bomb, but sources tell me my phrases are antiquated and embarrassing.) It’s just—today’s deliciously soft-baked zucchini chocolate chip cookies are the sh**. Ready to see how my childhood logic jumps in taste actually became something truly delicious?
The Key Ingredients In Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
What are key ingredients, you say? Key ingredients are the crucial, VIP ingredients that make a recipe worth, well, making. These chocolate chip zucchini cookies are packed with the following ingredients which make them spectacular. Think: pillowy soft, with moist centers and a veggie boost thanks to freshly grated zucchini, and melty chocolate chips making everything oh-so delightful. Check ‘em out:
The Key Ingredients
- Zucchini – the secret veggie ingredient in these amazing soft zucchini cookies. While I’m prepping the rest of the ingredients, Erik’s joyously (oh fine, dutifully) grating fresh, beautifully green zucchinis using this grater.
- Flour – use all purpose flour or oat flour, it’s your choice. I’ve gotten so many requests to try and see if my oat flour recipes work with an AP swap, so this time I made my cookies with all purpose flour. It works, and enjoy.
- Chocolate Chips – with oodles of cocoa flavor, and the melty-creamy-deliciousness that is sweet chocolate, the chocolate chips in this recipe make the chocolate chip in Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
- Cinnamon – you can leave the cinnamon out in these zucchini chocolate chip cookies, but I don’t recommend it. Ground cinnamon adds a touch of spice and more than enough warmth to the scrumptious palate of these cookies.
- Coconut Sugar – go ahead and use the sugar that you have on hand, but, in my personal opinion, coconut sugar is the very best. It lends a caramel sugar warmth that combines forces with cinnamon to harmoniously complement zucchini and chocolate chips!
Cookies You Might Like: Healthy Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies • Crunchy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to Make Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies with zucchini?!?!? What was Demeter thinking???… You might be saying to yourself. Or, you might be like, “Demeter, I’ve known about zucchini cookies before you were a twinkle in your mother’s eye.” Both of which I respond with, “But wait, there’s more!” We’re gonna be learning how to make zucchini chocolate chip cookies that are amazingly soft, just the right amount of moist, and so perfectly packed with chocolate chips that you’re gonna be blushing.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dry over the wet, then stir and fold everything together until a dough forms.
- Fold in zucchini, then chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough.
- Scoop zucchini chocolate chip cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet and flatten as needed.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
Yummy Ways to Serve These Soft-Baked Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fresh-Baked, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream… a fan of pie à la mode? Think of this as cookies à la mode. I love serving bowls of frosty vanilla ice cream topped with warm, fresh-baked chocolate chip zucchini cookies. YUM. (And if you’re feeling extra saucy, top with vegan chocolate ganache).
- As a Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies Sandwich… with almond butter, peanut butter, or even Nutella in between two cookies.
- Doubling your zucchini pleasure… be serving up a platter of zucchini baked goodness of these chocolate chip zucchini cookies and healthy zucchini brownies.
More Zucchini Recipes To Awe Inspire Your Baking Repertoire
- Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins (Gluten Free, Egg Free)
- Irresistibly Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe (GF)
- Best Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies just for fun. 😉
Tools You Need
You’re One Smart Cookie…
… to make today’s chocolate chip zucchini cookies! 😉 (Oh, I love a good… and not-so-good pun). There’s nothing quite like a fresh-baked batch of cookies. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy the soft-baked delight of today’s recipe. When you make them, take a picture and share it on Instagram with the tags @beamingbaker and #beamingbaker. I truly can’t wait to see ‘em. ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🥒 📸 🥒Print
Soft, pillowy zucchini chocolate chip cookies melt in your mouth with the perfect moistness, just a touch of crisp exterior, beautiful zucchini gems and gooey chocolate chips.
- 1 ¼ cups ap flour or gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 10 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1–2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Whisk as long as you can, and switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula. The dough will be sticky and soft.
- Fold in zucchini until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into a flat, even layer. Cover bowl with foil or lid, then freeze for about 25 minutes, or until somewhat firm. Beware, cookie dough will not become rock solid—it will still be soft, but firmer.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Press chocolate chips evenly over the tops of each cookies—the more you put on, the easier it will be to flatten the dough (it’ll be less sticky). Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness—mine was about 1/3” thick.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes.
- Move baking sheet onto a cooling rack to set cookies for about 5 minutes. Then, using a heatproof spatula, lift and transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack. Cool cookies for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Store cookies for 2-4 days in an airtight container. The cookies will last the longer end if stored in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Thank you for being a part of the Beaming Baker community ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. ❤️ If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.