Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe (GF): learn how to make the best vegan zucchini bread! This easy healthy vegan zucchini bread is moist ‘n buttery rich & perfect for summer! Dairy-Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free.
What’s your favorite quick bread recipe of all time? Is it a seasonal treat like pumpkin bread? Or is it an all-year-round affair like my Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe or my Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread Recipe? 🙂
For years and years, since I’ve started this blog, I’ve gotten requests for the perfect vegan gluten free zucchini bread recipe. Only problem? I’d never made one before! Shhh… don’t tell anyone my secret. 😉
You’d be surprised how many times I get requests for a recipe I’ve never made before (and in some cases, never even tried!!!!). Fortunately, I’ve had plenty of experience eating zucchini bread.
In college, one of my very favorite dining hall treats was this incredible, moist, unearthly-perfect zucchini bread. Like, you’d know that the fine chefs at my dining hall had placed a platter of fresh-baked, perfectly moist zucchini bread out when you heard the herds of movement.
I’m serious, it was one of very few reasons why any of us would get up before 8am. We had to get that zucchini bread. Ya know? Some people wouldn’t have even gone to bed yet when they started charging downstairs to get that bread. (You would think there was some kind of internal zucchini bread alarm system or something.)
Easy Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe: GF, Healthy
So with that perfect, best-ever, amazingly moist zucchini bread in my mind, I set out to make my very own awesome version of vegan gluten free zucchini bread. My Zucchini Bread recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and packed with all the healthy ingredients you love.
This gf vegan zucchini bread is unbelievably buttery (without using any butter), moist, flavorful, perfectly spiced with cinnamon, deliciously nutty with walnuts, and has the perfect crumb. YUM.
If you’ve been looking for the best super moist, healthy vegan zucchini bread, look no further than my yummy recipe! Today, we’re going to learn how to make vegan zucchini bread… and keep it refined sugar-free. Woohoo!
How to Make Vegan Zucchini Bread (Gluten Free)
Learn how to make vegan zucchini bread in just a few easy steps! Check it out below.
- Step 1: Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Step 2: Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Step 3: Combine the dry and wet ingredients, whisking just until no flour patches remain.
- Step 4: Thoroughly fold in zucchini and walnuts.
- Step 5: Pour the zucchini bread batter into a prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 60 minutes.
- Step 6: Cool, slice, and then enjoy the best easy vegan zucchini bread!
Easy Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread: Recipe Variations
I know you absolutely love making variations and customizations to my recipes! So I thought I’d preemptively let you know how to customize this easy vegan gluten free zucchini bread recipe. 😉
I’ve made this healthy vegan zucchini bread especially to go with walnuts, but if that’s not your thing, try another nut. 😉 Try: chopped pecans or macadamia nuts. I don’t recommend almonds as they tend to get a bit mushy in moist quick breads—but who knows, you may like it.
Try folding in ½ cup vegan chocolate chips in your homemade vegan zucchini bread.
To make this gluten free zucchini bread nut-free, skip the chopped walnuts. If you’re allergic to coconuts (a tree nut), swap the coconut oil with melted dairy-free butter instead. You can also fold in your favorite seeds to sub for the walnuts.
Storing the Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread (GF)
This moist GF zucchini bread recipe is best served on the first day. However, after cooling completely, you can store the zucchini bread in a container in a cool, dark environment or the fridge for 3-5 days. This vegan zucchini bread recipe is best the first 3 days, but splendid the 1st day. 😉
Q&A for Healthy GF Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Where do I find a good box grater to grate the zucchini for this healthy zucchini bread recipe? Good question! Here is Erik’s favorite box grater. He’s my designated zucchini grater assistant, so he’s got this! Here’s another highly-rated grater on Amazon.
- Is it okay to use nearly dry zucchini in this vegan zucchini bread? Yes and no. It depends on how dry the zucchini is. If it’s become spongy or smells a bit funny, it might be time to compost it. If not, try soaking your zucchini in a water bath for a few minutes, then straining it and patting dry. Voila: revived zucchini for the perfect moist zucchini bread!
- Do I need to deseed the zucchini for zucchini bread? No need!
- Can I substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil in zucchini bread? Great news! This vegan zucchini bread is already made with coconut oil!
- Can you shred zucchini in a food processor? How do you grate zucchini for bread without a grater? Yes, you can shred zucchini in a food processor—in fact, that’s how you can grate zucchini for zucchini bread without a grater! Use this food processor with the shredding disk attached.
- How many zucchinis is 1 1/4 cups grated? Depends on the size of the zucchini. If you’re using small zucchinis, you’d need about 1-2 zucchinis. For large zucchinis, you’d need about ½ of one zucchini.
- Is this vegan gluten free zucchini bread… dairy-free? Easy? Homemade? Yes, yes and yes! This healthy zucchini bread is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-less, flourless, relatively easy (as long as you like grating zucchini lol) and homemade!
- Where can I find more healthy vegan bread recipes? Check out my Quick Breads or check out the links below!
So how did you like learning how to make zucchini bread? Perhaps you’re already a pro or this is your first time making vegan gluten free zucchini bread? 😉 Either way, I hope you had fun & learned a bit in today’s post! Thank you for stopping by—I can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Click below to Pin
How to Make Gluten Free Vegan Bread: Easy & Healthy Recipes! (Dairy-Free)
- Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread (V, GF, DF)
- Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread Coffee Cake Recipe
- Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread Recipe
- Easy Vegan Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread
- Easy Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe (Vegan, Dairy-Free)
- Easy Vegan Lemon Loaf (Dairy-Free, Healthy)
- Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread Recipe (Gluten Free)
- Irresistible Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Irresistibly Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe (GF): this irresistible vegan zucchini bread is moist ‘n buttery. The best vegan gluten free zucchini bread—easy recipe, perfect for summer! GF.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ flax eggs (4 ½ teaspoons ground flaxseed and ¼ cup + 1 ½ teaspoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups grated zucchini
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Thoroughly fold and mash in zucchini and walnuts, until zucchini is very well incorporated (about 30 seconds). The batter will be very, very thick—do not add additional liquids to thin out the batter.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with a rise down the center—in the shape of a loaf.
- Bake for 55-70 minutes. Mine took 62 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness—once it comes out clean with just a few moist bits, it’s done.
- Allow to cool in the pan, placed on a cooling rack for about 25 minutes. Lift out of pan, transferring loaf along with parchment paper directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 2-3 hours before slicing. Slice loaf into 10-14 slices. Enjoy!
More Vegan Gluten Free Quick Bread Recipes:
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment. Best the first 3 days.
To Freeze: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until just warm.
Nutrition Information is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 14 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: gluten free zucchini bread, vegan zucchini bread
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools for Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread (GF)
Click on the links below to see the tools and ingredients I use to make this Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread!
- Box Grater – very easy to use, and very attractive, stainless steel box grater. Grates that zucchini up like nobody’s business!
- 8-inch Loaf Pan – my favorite loaf pan right now — it’s got a great design that always results in wonderful zucchini bread.
- Coconut Sugar – one of the biggest pantry staples in my kitchen. An essential for healthy baking.
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour – in case you don’t feel like grinding your own, this is a great GF flour option.
- Unbleached Parchment Paper – what I use to line all of my pans while baking. All my loaves lift out so easily!
- Coconut Oil – my go-to choice of oil when baking.
- Cooling Rack – I love these cooling racks. I’ve got so many already, and I’m thinking about getting a few more…