4 Ingredient No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Bars (V, GF): this paleo no bake chocolate almond bars recipe is so easy with just 4 ingredients! It’s the best no bake date nut bars recipe – healthy, vegan & gluten-free! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 7 Medjool dates, pitted (½ cup, packed)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips or chopped paleo vegan chocolate
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later.
- Make the Almond Layer: Add dates and almond butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky mixture, like chunks of dough—the mixture will begin to pull away from the sides of the processor and roll into dough. This will take about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the processor frequently, and take breaks in between to avoid overheating.
- Add in 1 cup almonds, vanilla and salt. Blend until the almonds are fully-incorporated and very finely chopped. The mixture will be soft and crumbly. Thoroughly blend the almonds to avoid crumbly bars. The mixture is done when you can pinch it between your fingers and it holds firmly together.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Press down and smooth into an even, very tightly-packed layer.
- Make the Chocolate Layer: Use the double boiler method or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add Chocolate Layer ingredients (1/2 cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon almond butter). Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the almond bars. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Optionally, create swirls in the chocolate for fun! Sprinkle ¼ cup chopped almonds evenly over the bars. Press gently into the chocolate layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Storage notes: On the first day, bars will be a bit soft at room temperature–be sure to store them in the refrigerator. On Day 2, bars are okay to keep at room temperature, in a cool, dark place, or in the refrigerator, if you prefer them chilled.
– Freezing instructions: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months.
– Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 16 servings per recipe, made without salt. .
- Category: No Bake, Dessert, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Fruit-Sweetened, Dairy-Free
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 6g