5 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Almond & Coconut Homemade KIND Bars (V, GF): an easy recipe for homemade KIND bars coated in a rich layer of chocolate. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Almond & Coconut KIND Bars
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup paleo vegan chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons paleo vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the bars: Add almonds, coconut and salt (if using) to a large bowl. Stir until well mixed. Pour maple syrup over this mixture. Fold until well incorporated and fully coated.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even, very tightly-packed layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes (mine took 35 mins). Bars must bake thoroughly, or they won’t hold together when cooled.
- Allow to cool in the baking pan for 1 hour, or until completely cooled. Pinching opposite ends of the parchment paper lining, lift bars out of pan. Gently peel paper off the bottom of the bars. Slice into 12 bars (6 rows by 2 columns).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Clear some room in the freezer for this sheet–you will need it later. Set the sheet on a clear work area.
- Dip the bars: Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or doing the following. Add Chocolate Coating ingredients to a medium microwave-safe bowl (large enough to dip bars in). Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of one bar into the melted chocolate, scraping off excess on the side of the bowl. There should be enough chocolate for a thin layer on each bar. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat, spacing each bar evenly apart, until all bars are dipped.
- Drizzle the bars: Add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to a clean, small microwave-safe bowl. Repeat heating instructions, until chocolate is smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a zip bag with a tiny corner snipped off. Drizzle each bar in a zigzag pattern.
- Place bars carefully into the freezer. Freeze for 10-20 minutes, or until chocolate is completely hardened. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my 3 Ingredient Homemade KIND Coconut Almond Bars and my Dark Chocolate Sea Salt KIND Nut Bars.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up 1 month.
– More Easy Paleo Snacks: no bake almond butter brownie bites, oil-free cinnamon paleo granola, no bake chocolate almond butter bars.
- Category: Bars, Snacks, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free