Cozy banana flavor, creamy oats and decadent chocolate chips combine for the best banana chocolate chip overnight oats—an easy breakfast treat that can be made ahead in minutes.
Find Your Simple Breakfast Treat Here in Today’s Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
What’s up with breakfast anyway? Remember when you were growing up and all of those commercials made it seem like everyone and their mamas had a big breakfast buffet spread every single friggin’ morning? I’m talking bowls of oatmeal and cereal, baskets of fresh-baked muffins, perfectly toasted toast, jam, more glasses of milk than was really necessary and even multiple vases of fresh flowers. Then, you grow up and realize that that is so not happening. So what can we actually achieve in our breakfast fantasies? These. These beautiful andeasy to make banana chocolate chip overnight oats.
Consider these overnight oats everything that breakfast buffet wasn’t: real. Good. And made for you, by you. 🙂
Everything You Need to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Overnight Oats
- Banana: the star of the show! The Overnight Oats Show! Can you imagine such a thing? But I digress. Use a ripened banana for sweeter overnight oats, and a less ripe one for less sweet overnight oats.
- Chocolate chips: I love adding in a combo of mini chocolate chips and regular sized chocolate chips, but you can use whatever you’d like, including chocolate chunks!
- Rolled Oats, chia seeds
- Yogurt: make sure to use your favorite vanilla yogurt, as this ingredient really impacts the flavor of your banana overnight oats.
- Vanilla, maple syrup and milk: You can swap any of these three ingredients to suit what you have on hand as well as your personal tastes. Try subbing the vanilla with another extract—just make sure to dial the amount down a bit, as vanilla is the subtlest of extract flavorings. 😉 You can also swap the maple syrup for the liquid sweetener you have on hand. As for the milk, I love using unsweetened vanilla almondmilk, but you can use whatever you’d like!
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
Set out Jars
Set out your favorite overnight oats jars. Here are mine!
Mash the Banana
Grab a mixing bowl and add in your banana. Mash until mostly smooth, but still a bit chunky.
Add the Rest of the Ingredients
Add in all the rest of the ingredients: oats, chia seeds, mini chocolate chips, yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup and milk. Whisk the ingredients until everything is very well mixed. You’ve just made your banana chocolate chip overnight oats mixture!
Pour, Top and Seal
Pour the chocolate chip banana overnight oats mixture into the jars. Add any toppings you’d like now, or wait until serving (for ultra fresh toppings). Seal.
Store, Enjoy and Repeat
Store in the refrigerate to allow your overnight oats to thicken. Wait for at least 4 hours before eating. Enjoy and repeat as needed. 😉
Tools You Need
Breakfast in the Morning, Breakfast in the Evening
I mean… it’s really up to you. I love breakfast any time of the day, especially when it guiltlessly skirts the line between meal and dessert. I can’t wait to hear what you think of today’s banana chocolate chip overnight oats. Be sure to leave a comment below and tell a friend! 👭 ‘Til our next overnight oats adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀️ 📸 ☀️Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.
Wonderful Overnight Oats Recipes to Make Your Day Bright☀️
- Vegan Overnight Oats: 7 Recipes!
- Simple Vegan Vanilla Overnight Oats
- Gluten Free Overnight Oats
- Vegan Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Maple Pecan Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Vanilla Coconut Overnight Oats
- Mint Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- The Best Almond Joy Overnight Oats!
- Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- Easy Classic Overnight Oats
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Overnight Oats