Vanilla Overnight Oats: a simple ‘n easy vegan overnight oats recipe made with just a few ingredients and ready in minutes! Creamy, satisfying and delicious.
Today’s the last day of the year. Phew! Can you believe it? 2020 has had its ups, its downs, and even more downs. And a few bright moments. But it’s finally coming to a close, and it’s time to look forward to a brand new year.
Erik and I hope that this means a brand new start for everyone, a fresh slate full of possibilities and so much joy. Here’s to a new beginning and plenty of hope!
Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Vanilla Overnight Oats—a recipe to help you kick off the new year healthy, tastily and easily. How’s that sound?
If you’re ready, let’s do this!
How to Make Vanilla Overnight Oats
Grab the Jars
First things first, grab your resealable jars. [Here are the super cute, resealable glass jars that I use.]
Mix the Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients: oats, chia seeds, non-dairy milk, coconut cream or yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut sugar. Whisk until everything is well mixed and no clumps of coconut cream or yogurt remain.
Add dry toppings and seal your jars. I find that wet toppings like cut fruit won’t keep as well, so it’s best to add these right before serving.
Store Overnight & Enjoy
Store your jars overnight, then enjoy the best vanilla overnight oats the next morning.
You Might Also Like: 7 Ways: Easy Vegan Overnight Oats (Healthy) | Easy Classic Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan)
How to Make This Overnight Oats Recipe Vegan
Use non-dairy milk
Make sure to use non-dairy milk to keep this overnight oats recipe vegan. I love using unsweetened vanilla almondmilk, but you can use your favorite vegan milk.
Use coconut cream or non-dairy yogurt
While most non-vegan overnight oats recipe call for dairy yogurt, I like to keep my overnight oats vegan by using coconut cream. It’s rich and creamy, while adding a dessert-vibe. You can try your favorite vegan yogurt as well.
Use vegan sweeteners
Some folks who are not vegan will choose to use honey in place of the maple syrup. But if keeping this vanilla overnight oats recipe vegan, use pure maple syrup.
Rich ‘n creamy vegan overnight oats with delicious vanilla flavor.
Recommended Tools for the Best Vegan Overnight Oats
- Mini Overnight Oat Jars – my #1 jars to make overnight oats in, and the very jars you see in these photos. Yes, they are even cuter in person. Yes, they’re compact, but hold so much more than they seem to. Highly recommend these!
- Coconut Cream – my key ingredient in making super delicious overnight oats. I’ve tried every vegan yogurt under the sun to make these overnight oats, and, simply put, nothing compares to using coconut cream instead. Creamy, rich and oh-so satisfying, coconut cream adds healthy fats, richness and flavor to your overnight oats.
- Chia Seeds – you can’t make overnight oats without chia seeds! Okay, you can do whatever you dang well please, but you know what I mean. Chia seeds are the superfood that pump these overnight oats up with nutrients, and they lend the creamy, thick texture you love in your overnight oats. Bonus: they keep you full longer!
Here’s to more ups! 😉 We wish you a wonderful new year with lots of hope, fresh starts and new beginnings. Here’s to a new year of delicious healthy treats and joyful adventures (in the kitchen and otherwise). ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Delicious Vegan Overnight Oats Recipes
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Healthy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats (Vegan)
- The Best Almond Joy Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan)
- Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats (Vegan)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Overnight Oats
- Pecan Pie Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe (Healthy, Gluten Free)
- Strawberry Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan, Healthy)
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats (Vegan)
Vanilla Overnight Oats: a simple ‘n easy vegan overnight oats recipe made with just a few ingredients and ready in minutes! Creamy, satisfying and delicious. Vegan.
Vanilla Overnight Oats
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup (optional, but recommended)
- ½ teaspoon coconut sugar
- ¼ cup fresh fruit, sliced if needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts or seeds
- 1 tablespoon seed or nut butter
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well mixed and no clumps of coconut cream or yogurt remain. Pour into jars.
- Add optional dry toppings (nuts, coconut, etc.). Seal jars.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.** Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
Delicious Vegan Overnight Oats Recipes
*I prefer using coconut cream in overnight oats—it lends a thick, creamy and delicious texture. If using non-dairy yogurt, make sure to choose your favorite kind—the flavor will be very present. Also, use vanilla yogurt for a tasty addition!
**Storing Instructions: Overnight oats can be kept for up to 5 days. However, if using homemade almondmilk or another ingredient that is highly perishable, overnight oats will stay fresh for a shorter period (such as 2-3 days).
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan overnight oats, vanilla overnight oats
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.