Banana Protein Shake: this 4 ingredient banana protein shake recipe is homemade, easy & delicious! The best banana protein shake—23g of protein per serving, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free.
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (more below)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 scoops vanilla vegan protein powder (here’s the one that I use)
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- This is the blender I use to make my smoothies. It holds the perfect amount and auto-blends your smoothie to perfection with a touch of a button. Not sponsored, I just love this!
- Add all ingredients in the order listed: ¾ cup non-dairy milk, banana, vegan protein powder, ¼ cup milk, and ice cubes. This is the order that I’ve found to be smoothest, without any protein powder getting stuck in a clump anywhere.
- Depending on your daily nutritional requirements/needs, feel free to add maca powder, peanut powder, nut butter or MCT oil.
- Close blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks remain. Enjoy immediately!
If you’re curious to learn more about plant-based protein powders… check out my review + guide to vegan protein powders.
Best Protein Shake Recipes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 441mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 0mg