Chocolate Almond Butter Frosted Fudgy Paleo Brownies (V, GF, Paleo): a one bowl recipe for seriously fudgy paleo brownies topped with rich chocolate almond butter frosting! Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Make the brownies: in a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until well mixed and thick like frosting. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs, until well incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in almond flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 28-36 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for 2-3 hours. It must be completely cool before frosting. Once cool, it’s time to make the frosting.
- Make the frosting: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the frosting ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder and water. Whisk until this mixture thickens and resembles melty frosting.
- Lift brownies out of the baking pan and set onto a baking sheet. Pour frosting over brownies. Using a rubber spatula, spread the frosting into an even layer. Place in the freezer for 20-25 minutes to harden the frosting tops for easier slicing. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Best Vegan Brownies and Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies.
– Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Store in the refrigerator for firm, fudge-like brownies. Frosting will absorb into the brownies after 1-2 days, creating thicker, fudgier brownies.
– These brownies freeze well. Wrap in parchment or wax paper. Store in an airtight freezer-friendly airtight container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
– More paleo dessert recipes: homemade almond joy cups, vegan ice cream bars, almond butter fudge cups. All V, GF, Paleo.
- Category: Brownies, Dessert, Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free