This dessert-inspired overnight oats treat is packed with nutty walnuts, sweet chocolate, and cozy banana flavor for the easiest chunky monkey overnight oats!
Swingin’ in for the Easiest Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
Yep, I went there! You see, my sister, Jenny, is a huge lover of monkeys. So I’ve got monkey puns and monkey stickers and monkey totes ready to share and gift for days. Don’t worry, I won’t go so far that you go Furious George on me. Today’s monkey business involves whipping up a walnut-packed, chocolate-packed, and monkey-approved-amount of banana-packed goodness into one deliciously dessert-inspired chunky monkey overnight oats recipe!
Less than a Barrel of Ingredients for Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats (Like, Way Less)
- Banana – use a truly ripened banana for a special sweet treat. Otherwise, use a lightly ripe banana for a slightly sweet overnight oats treat.
- Oats – rolled oats are best, but some readers like quick oats (I haven’t tried quick oats).
- Chia seeds – here’s where I buy my chia seeds.
- Chocolate – feel free to use chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Walnuts – unsalted, unsweetened walnuts are best.
- Coconut cream or yogurt – choose the one you like. Coconut cream is creamier, yogurt is more tart.
What are Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats?
Today, we’re making Chunky Monkey inspired overnight oats that feature that mouthwatering trifecta of bananas, walnuts and chocolate. We’re taking the creamy oat base of classic overnight oats and amping up the flavor factor with sweet bananas, nutty walnuts and rich chocolate chunks.
How to Make Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
Add bananas to a mixing bowl and mash it up until mostly smooth.
Now, add the remaining chunky monkey overnight oats ingredients: oats, chia seeds, chocolate, walnuts, and coconut cream or vanilla yogurt. Stir all the ingredients together until well mixed, and no clumps of coconut cream remain.
Pour this overnight oats mixture into 2-3 resealable jars. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
When serving, top with coconut whip, chocolate chunks, banana slices and chopped walnuts. Enjoy the best chunky monkey overnight oats!
Storing Your Overnight Oats
My favorite thing about overnight oats? That you can make them in advance and keep them for up to 5 days. This means breakfast ease! And who doesn’t want that? Just make sure to use the freshest ingredients and keep your overnight oats refrigerated.
Bountiful Breakfast Recipes
- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- Oat Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Vegan Overnight Oats: 7 Recipes!
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
Tools You Need
Wanna monkey around with me? Leave a comment below and/or snap a pic of a BB recipe and tag me on Instagram at @beamingbaker! I am bananas about your comments and pics. 🙂 ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.