Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe (GF): this easy gluten free pumpkin muffins recipe makes perfectly spiced pumpkin muffins with a beautiful domed top! The best GF pumpkin muffins—made in 1-bowl with healthy, whole ingredients.
As I write this, my kitchen is filled with all the fall scents: pumpkin, maple pecan pumpkin muffins, cinnamon, cloves and… well, irresistible healthy pumpkin pie overnight oats. Something about a new week kicked off with gluten free pumpkin muffins makes me feel like smiling. Make that gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
But maybe it’s also because of the trials it took to crack the gluten free vegan pumpkin bread that led to these pumpkin muffins. Ladies, gents, friends, there’s just something about pumpkin baked goods that makes life so much better and tastier. Amiriiiiiight? Anywho, the trials for gluten free pumpkin bread were a real treat. It totally rekindled my love of baking.
Whaaaaaaaa you say? How could Beaming Baker not LOVE baking? Well, sometimes baking doesn’t love Beaming Baker. Side note: now I totally feel sufficiently weird referring to myself in the third person. Ahem.
Back on point, baking can be quite the trial. In fact, it can still lead to a few very unsightly, unlovable and straight up sad-looking temperature tantrums in the kitchen. This may or may not have happened during the trials for my Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars and my Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free). But don’t tell anyone, okay? 😉 Yep, temperature tantrums.
The Long Road to Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins with so much Chocolate!!
I totally just read that last line to Erik and we both looked at each other like, “What the fajitas is a ‘temperature tantrum?'” Then, Erik said, “Is the OVEN getting mad??” But seriously, it probably is. Had enough from the likes of me. It was pushed passed its
boiling broiling point.
These temperature tantrums included promises to never bake again (yeah, right), extensive eye-glares at my jars of ground cinnamon and other spices (they know what they did), finger-wagging at my measuring cups (innocent bystanders, let’s be honest), and utter and complete loss of faith in humanity—as it relates to baking, of course.
And when I’m done being dramatic, and chide myself for being so immature and impatient, I actually find that I learned something… whaddya know? Learning. How cute. 😉 Developing the final recipe for gluten free pumpkin bread—which is the basis for this delicious gluten free pumpkin muffins recipe—was no walk in the park. But in the end, it was totally & deliciously worth it.
Woohoo!! Now, allow me to introduce you to my One Bowl Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. Is there really a word in that recipe name that you don’t like?
The Ultimate Fall Treat: Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
These gluten free pumpkin muffins are SO good, y’all. First of all, you can make them in just ONE bowl. Yep, one. Second of all, they’re perfectly moist and sweet. Just moist enough to taste like cake, and just light enough to still qualify as muffins. And those dollops of vegan chocolate chips… what could honestly be better? There’s hardly a better reason to sneak a few bites of chocolate in the morning than with these gluten free pumpkin muffins… or with these Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
So whip up a batch of these gluten free pumpkin muffins for your loved ones, your next fall/autumn party, or, really just for you. You’ll simply love these. One bite, and this will instantly become your go-to gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe for years to come.
Recommended Tools for Best Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Parchment Cupcake Liners & Nonstick Muffins Pans – the trick to getting your GF pumpkin muffins to slide right out of their liners & the pan! 😉
- Gluten Free Oat Flour – get the super convenient store-bought GF oat flour, or learn how to make homemade oat flour.
- Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil | Maple Syrup: all staples of my vegan baking pantry! You’ll find that I use these unrefined, whole ingredients in many of my healthy recipes–easy, right? 🙂
Before you jet off to the kitchen, tell me all about your plans this fall. Are you throwing any super amazing parties? Are you gonna decorate your mantel with leaves, ghoulish-hands and glitter pumpkins? I’m not gonna lie, I’ve already planned out a Halloween treats menu for my fam. 🙂 I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe!
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove (or raven… because: Halloween!!!) xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
. More Recipes Like Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe (GF, Dairy-Free)
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan, GF)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe (GF): this easy gluten free pumpkin muffins recipe makes perfectly spiced pumpkin muffins! The best GF pumpkin muffins—made in 1-bowl with healthy, whole ingredients.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice**
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ to 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, spice and salt. Whisk as long as you can—the batter will be thick. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Do not add additional liquids—the batter is meant to be very thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I use this ice cream scoop to create beautiful domed tops. If not using a scoop, use a rubber spatula to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top—the batter will bake up very close to how it looks raw. To make large, domed tops, spread batter between 9 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes (on the longer end for larger, fewer muffins). Mine took 22 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Enjoy!
Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe (GF, Dairy-Free).
Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy muffins.
- **Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you can use: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- To Store: cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To Transport: use this muffin holder. It’s two tiered and holds two batches of muffins!
- To Freeze: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or pop in the microwave for 30 seconds or more.
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, vegan pumpkin muffins
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.