Drizzled Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Clusters Recipe (V, GF): big clusters of peanut butter & oatmeal, topped with coconut and layers of drizzled chocolate! Perfect for gift giving this holiday season! Made with healthy ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Every holiday season calls for at least one fun, totally irresponsible recipe, right? Riiight?!? Okay, so this recipe isn’t actually cause for any kind of guilt (cuz you know how I feel about guilt-inducing desserts)… it’s just that this recipe has a few more steps than usual. 😉
Thing is, I was in the midst of listening to all my holiday music, baking and chatting away with Erik while we were testing a peanut butter granola bar recipe for January. Yep, January!
What happened was… a total recipe fail. But! I wrapped up that “fail” and added it to a care package I was already in the middle of putting together for my sister, Penny. She texted me a few days later, after she got the package, and exclaimed her excitement over the peanut butter “clusters” she received…
See why that recipe didn’t work for granolas BARS? 😉
She said it was one of the best things she’d ever eaten, and HOW could I even think of calling them a fail?!?
So after some careful thought… and reexamination of that fail… (since I obviously keep tons of trials to inspect and reflect upon later bc I’m weird like that)… I finally felt that red and green light bulb flicker on!! (Christmas-appropriate, of course hehe). .
Why not take those amazing HUGE clusters of candied peanuts, sprinkle on some coconut, drizzle with chocolate because… really, there’s never a need to explain this… and add on more layers of coconut and chocolate? (Inspired by these chocolate coconut bars, of course. ;))
The result was SO tasty—the perfect amount of crunchy, chewy, chocolatey and just a hint of salty. PERFECT for gift-giving this holiday season, right? 🙂
I may or may not create more clusters in this fashion in the future. Try this gluten free peanut butter coconut oatmeal clusters recipe and let me know what you think! The step of placing everything into a pan, pressing it down into a tightly-packed layer, then breaking it off afterwards makes ALL the difference when it comes to creating MONDO clusters. Truly!
Without further ado, allow me to shower you in the best aspects of this tasty vegan Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Clusters Recipe. They’re:
- made with just 6 ingredients
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- the perfect combination of salty and sweet
- amazing with these HUGE clusters (not unlike the ones in my favorite homemade paleo granola recipe!
- so good with: these Vegan Peanut Butter Coconut Truffles, Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters, and these Sweet ‘n Salty Nut Clusters. 🙂
- made with the whole, healthy ingredients you know and love
- ready to join your favorite BB desserts: 2 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Candy Clusters, Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats, and Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- perfect for gift-giving this holiday season!
I hope you try these and truly enjoy! It’s such a wonderful treat to be a part of your holiday traditions during this wonderful season. I can’t wait to hear what you think. From my family to yours, we wish you a splendid holiday full of joy, laughter, love and peace.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
.︎ Click below to Pin .︎
If you enjoyed this Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Clusters Recipe, then you’ll just love these vegan Peanut Butter Coconut Recipes & more:
- Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies (V, GF)
- No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites (Protein-Rich, Healthy)
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Homemade Gluten Free Vegan Granola Recipe
- No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies (just 4 Ingredients!)
- Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies
Drizzled Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Clusters Recipe (V, GF): big clusters of peanut butter & oatmeal, topped with coconut and layers of drizzled chocolate! Perfect for gift giving this holiday season! Made with healthy ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Healthy.
Peanut Butter Clusters
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup nuts, variety*, chopped
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup shredded coconut or small coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the clusters: Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a medium bowl. Whisk until very well incorporated and smooth.
- Add nuts, oats, and salt (if using). Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Pour into the prepared baking pan. Smooth into a tightly-packed, even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Place baking pan on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 30-60 minutes, until completely cool.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set on a clear workspace.
- Once cool, lift baked peanut butter mixture out of pan. Using your hands, break into clusters and lay in an even, spread-out layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Make the Chocolate Drizzle: To melt the chocolate, use the double boiler method or do the following. Add chocolate chips to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth. Spoon chocolate into a small drizzle bottle or a zip bag with a small corner trimmed off.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of coconut over the granola. Drizzle about half of the melted chocolate on top of the clusters and coconut. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon coconut onto the drizzle. Repeat drizzle & coconut topping until none remains. Allow to set at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until firm. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– *I used ½ cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds, and ¼ cup walnuts.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Category: Dessert, Christmas, Snacks, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Healthy
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Gluten Free Unsweetened Coconut | Paleo Vegan Chocolate Chips | Cookie Sheet | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Maple Syrup | My Favorite Knife | Glass Mixing Bowls | Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.