Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies: an easy recipe for vegan trail mix cookies that are delightfully chewy and packed with healthy fruits, nuts and seeds!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons nuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a sturdy spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in Add-in ingredients.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Optionally, dot cookies with Optional Toppings. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. If cookies crumble at the edges a bit after flattening—use your fingers to squish the edges back together.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up for about 15 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Tasty Cookie Recipes To Tempt You
Storing Instructions: Store cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly, airtight container for up to 1-2 months. I like using these compostable freezer bags to store my cookies.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: trail mix cookies, vegan trail mix cookies recipe