Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for moist, fudgy chocolate pumpkin muffins packed with rich fall flavors! Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, One Bowl.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s finely ground, not coarse
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves*
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12 muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Whisk together until difficult to stir. Using a rubber spatula, fold until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in Add-in chocolate chips. Batter will be very thick—do not add in additional liquids.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin cups. I use this ice cream scoop for easy scooping and a beautiful round top. If not using the scoop, smooth batter into an even layer, with a domed top (rise) in the center. To make large, domed tops, spread batter between 9 muffin cups. Optional: sprinkle and press chocolate chips into the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 16-26 minutes (on the longer side for larger, fewer muffins). Mine took 22 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift out and enjoy!
– Storage notes: Cool completely at room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature.
– Freezing instructions: these muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or pop in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
– *You may substitute all of these spices with 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- Category: Breakfast, Muffins, Fall, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free