Easy Vegan Pumpkin Bread: this vegan pumpkin bread recipe is moist, deliciously dense & lightly fluffy, with rich pumpkin flavor. The best vegan pumpkin bread!
So what do you think? Are you all for vegan pumpkin bread or are you more Team Pumpkin Muffins? (Shirts should be made, I think.)
I’d argue that vegan pumpkin bread is better because you can just pour all of the pumpkin batter into a loaf pan, bake it and slice it. That’s it.
Erik’d argue that vegan pumpkin muffins are better because you can create perfectly portioned mini “cakes” of pumpkin bread, simply in VIP-level special vessels of pumpkin awesome-ness, no slicing needed, whatsoever. (Or, you could just make pumpkin coffee cake, but that’s a whole ‘nother matter…)
vegan pumpkin bread recipe
Well, if you’re Team Vegan Pumpkin Bread, then welcome to the right side. Ha! 😉 Or, just click over to this vegan pumpkin muffins recipe and you do you! If not, read on about why this easy vegan pumpkin bread recipe is one of my absolute fall favorites.
This easy vegan pumpkin bread recipe is ridonkolously easy to make (even easier than it was to make up that spelling—I just pressed on ALL the keys), has the perfect cozy, fall taste, and the most pleasing texture. Read on to see what it’s all about…
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Bread
whisk the wet ingredients
Whisk together all of your vegan pumpkin bread wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla.
add the dry ingredients
Add the dry ingredients to the same bowl: gluten free oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Yep, this is 1-bowl! Whisk until no flour bits remain.
Pour vegan pumpkin bread batter into a prepared loaf pan. Grab a rubber spatula and smooth the batter into the shape of a loaf—your pumpkin bread will bake up very much how it looks raw. 😉
Bake for about 66 minutes.
cool & slice
Cool and slice the best vegan pumpkin bread ever!
🎃 Easy Vegan Pumpkin Recipes: Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars • Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (Vegan) • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
Tips for the Best Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Do not add additional liquids—yep, your vegan pumpkin bread batter really is supposed to be that thick. In fact, we’re gonna use this thickness to help shape the perfect pumpkin loaf.
- Make sure to shape the pumpkin bread as you’d like it to bake up—since the pumpkin batter is so delightfully thick, we can literally shape how we’d like the final baked result to look. So make sure to grab a handy rubber spatula and smooth the thick pumpkin batter in the perfect loaf shape—smooth overall, with a rise down the center.
- Make the flax egg in advance—if you’re new to vegan baking, or just new to vegan “eggs”, you might not know that flax eggs need about 15 minutes to set. I like to start every baking routine by preheating the oven, then making my flax egg(s) before anything else. That way, your egg can sit and set while you prep your other ingredients and be ready when you need it. 😉
- Cool your pumpkin bread for 1 hour in the pan, then 2-3 hours out of it. Yes, it’s true, I really do wait that long. Trust me, the wait is worth it! I find that slicing my pumpkin bread too soon results in soggy crumbs and totally-not-clean cuts. Wait, and you’ll have the beautiful pumpkin bread slices you see in these pics!
easy vegan pumpkin bread: taste & texture
This easy vegan pumpkin bread is moister (sp?? Help!!) than my gluten free vegan pumpkin bread. The result? Perfectly moist vegan pumpkin bread that’s deliciously dense, but not overly so. This vegan pumpkin bread is just lightly fluffy, with a soft interior and a bready exterior. With rich pumpkin flavor, this easy vegan pumpkin bread is the best: think cozy, warm spices and lightly sweet crumb.
The perfect balance between deliciously dense and lightly fluffy—the best vegan pumpkin bread recipe yields rich pumpkin flavor with cozy warm spices and a lightly sweet crumb.
Either way, we’re all Team Pumpkin, ya know? 😉 Be sure to comment below to let me know what you think—it’s one of my greatest joys to hear from you. Grateful, thankful & joyful for you. ‘Til the next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.