Gluten Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF): an irresistible recipe for perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookies made with smooth, creamy almond butter and a secret ingredient. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons Noosh Brands Virgin Almond Oil* or coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3–4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: almond butter, Noosh Brands almond oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well mixed—it’s ready when it’s sticky and difficult to whisk.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated and until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, with enough space to spread while baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into cookies. Do not flatten cookies–they will spread on their own.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack and allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about 20 minutes. Optionally, after 20 minutes, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-3 weeks.
– *Yes, you can substitute almond oil with coconut oil. However, I highly recommend using the Noosh Brands Virgin Almond Oil. It really brings out the flavor of the almond butter and makes the cookies extra chewy!
– More Vegan Gluten Free Cookies: almond butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter banana breakfast cookies, no bake chewy oatmeal raisin cookies.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain