Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (V, GF): an easy recipe for soft, chewy double chocolate chip oatmeal cookies made with whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole Grain, Oat Flour.
What’s your favorite dessert?
Please say it’s these Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
J/k! Obviously this recipe just came out, so it couldn’t be… or could it?!? Are you secretly the Flash? Did you already make these cookies before you even finished reading this sentence?
Okay, I have to stop watching The Flash so much.
To date, one of my favorite desserts of all time is cookies! Okay, fine, I also absolutely love ice cream, dessert bars (with peanut butter, and without—no, really), super moist muffins, candy, and milkshakes. And honestly, there are a few more desserts I could list, but then we’d be here all day. Instead of settled on the cozy couch, eating fresh-baked cookies.
Wait, what was I saying?
Right, COOKIES. Anyway, cookies have become something of an obsession a tasty occupational specialty of mine. 😉 You might already know this from the deliciously long list of cookie recipes I’ve shared with you on Beaming Baker…
There’ve been peanut butter coconut cookies, inspirational trail mix cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, double chocolate cookies, brownie cookies (because how can you really choose between cookies and brownies anyway?), and even no bake peanut butter cookies.
Have you tried any of these cookies? And which one was your fave?
I really try to work oatmeal, oat flour, or oats into ALL of my cookies (which is totally gonna come to a halt for my next project: paleo cookies, of course). The thing is, cookies with oats in them just turn out… chewier, softer, tastier, and just more…enjoyable.
As such, I hope you’re with me when I say that it’s high time to upgrade a reader favorite: my gluten free vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! As Erik says, “the only thing better than chocolate is double chocolate.” In this case, we might even have a bit more fun by simply saying the word “chocolate” twice.
Who’s vote is for calling these cookies gluten free chocolate chocolate chip oatmeal cookies?
Does that seem more chocolatey, for some reason? 😉
If you’re still not convinced about these Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, allow me to tell you all about them. These plant-based treats are:
- easy to make, in just two bowls
- soft, chewy and delicious
- bursting with double the chocolate
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, whole grain
- crispy at the edges the first day, satisfyingly soft the second day
- wonderfully refined-sugar free
- made with the whole, healthy ingredients you love
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- great for dessert, meal prep or an afternoon snack
- a great excuse for making all the cookies!
Are you ready to get your bake on? Let’s do this! I can’t ever express how grateful I am to be here, baking with you. It’s wonderful to hear how much you, your family and your loved ones enjoyed my recipes. Is there really anything more satisfying than making something that brings joy to others and yourself? 🙂 I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe, in the meantime, tell me:
What cookie recipe are you hoping to see on Beaming Baker?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
SHOP THE RECIPE
[amazon_link asins=’B000SSVRYM,B002BFQR3G,B001CCZL7W,B0083QJU72,B003W0UNM0,B000Q3D95Y’ template=’BB-ProductCarousel’ store=’beamingbake0c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b0a91c32-51e6-11e7-8cb1-214ef058fbd2′]
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂Print
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (V, GF): an easy recipe for soft, chewy double chocolate chip oatmeal cookies made with whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain, Oat Flour.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats, more below
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and resembles caramel.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips and oats. The dough will be sticky.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. If cookies are too soft to lift, allow to set on cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and my Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until warm.
– Nutrition Info: is an estimate based on 25 cookies and no optional topping chocolate chips used.
– More cookie recipes (all V, GF, DF): Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies, Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Walnut Oat Cookies, Gluten Free Trail Mix Cookies.
- Category: Cookies, Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 2g
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
If you enjoyed this Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe, then you’ll just love these plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes:
☀︎ Gluten Free Vegan Cookie & Chocolate Recipes
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies | Gluten Free No Bake Brownie Energy Bites | Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies | Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies | Homemade Dark Chocolate Sea Salt KIND Nut Bars | Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.