6 delicious ways to make granola bars with one simple base. Chewy and healthy with crispy edges and packed with healthy ingredients—the best granola bars!
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural nut or seed butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup golden ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped* or seeds
- ¼ cup dried fruit, finely chopped*
For specific flavor pairings, check out the post!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later. You can also use this Energy Bar Mold to make rectangular granola bar-style bars.
- Add all wet ingredients to a large bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, nut or seed butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oats, flaxseed, and salt (if using) to the same bowl.
- Select your favorite add-ins (nuts or seeds and dried fruit) and add to the bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, combine the wet and dry ingredients by stirring and folding until very well mixed. Make sure the dry ingredients are evenly coated in the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, nudge the mixture until loosely and evenly spread out. Then, use the spatula to press the mixture firmly down into an even, very tightly-packed layer.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes.
- Place baking pan onto a cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely firm. After, lift bars and parchment paper onto the cooling rack to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
*Make sure to chop nuts and dried fruit finely. The larger the nut/fruit, the less likely the bars will smooth into an even layer, and thus, hold together.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer friendly container for 1-3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: granola bars, healthy granola bars, granola bar recipe