Oatmeal Cookie Energy Balls Recipe: a 5 ingredient recipe for healthy oatmeal energy balls packed with nutrients! Easy to make, Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Oatmeal Cookie Bites
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour (learn how to make oat flour)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons mini or regular vegan chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a medium bowl: oats, oat flour, cinnamon (if using), maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
- Using a spoon, stir until thickened and well incorporated. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold together into a cohesive dough. Fold in ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, if using.
- Chill in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, until firm but scoopable.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using your hands, shape into spheres, or keep as is if you like the shape. Optionally, dot with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Healthy Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Learn How to make Oat Flour | Coconut Oil | Pure Maple Syrup | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Freshness Notes: Best if enjoyed the first day; Day 2 and on, the bites will become much drier. Day 2 and forward, to soften, heat in 10-second increments in the microwave until warm.
- Storing Instructions: Store for 1-2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Recommended Tools: Small Cookie Scoop or Medium Cookie Scoop | Baking Sheet | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Grippy Mixing Bowls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American