One Bowl Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (V+GF): a one bowl recipe for moist, rich chocolate banana muffins dotted with chocolate chips. Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free.
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (a little over 1 cup)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 5 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Optional: 2 tablespoons assorted vegan chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until completely smooth. Add the rest of the wet ingredients: coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners. Optional: sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Place the muffin pan on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 1 hour. Lift out and enjoy!
– Adapted from my Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread (V, Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
– Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: These muffins freeze well. Wrap tightly in parchment paper or foil. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. To serve, allow to thaw at room temperature for 1 hour, or warm in the microwave for 20 seconds (or until warm).
– More gluten free vegan recipes: Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins, Gluten Free Vegan Brownies, and Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars.
- Category: Muffins, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free