Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins (V, GF): an easy recipe for deliciously moist, pumpkin spice muffins topped with maple glazed pecans. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free.
First there was chocolate pumpkin bread, then an apple crisp, then coconut chips, and then… wait for it… more pumpkin!! Make that Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins! Last year, I shared these skillet-roasted maple pecans. I loved the recipe, but didn’t think folks would get that excited about it. But, ya did. Like, really did.
So this year, since it’s just one week away from the official first day of fall in the Northern Hemisphere (can I get a what what for looking this up??), I thought it’d be the perfect time to combine two of our fall favorites: pumpkins and maple pecans! You happy? 🙂
Once you bite into one of these muffins, you’ll instantly be transported into fall (nevermind that it’s almost fall… oh, you know what I mean!). All of the things you’ve been dreaming about all year long: the cozy aroma of ground cinnamon, the uniquely bright and cheerful color of pumpkin, fresh-baked goods coming straight out of the deliciously warm oven, and the cartoon-perfect swirls of steam coming off your perfectly domed-topped muffins. They’re here.
It’s time to finally break out the pecans, dust off your poorly neglected muffin pans, and warm up the oven. These refined sugar-free (woot woot), gluten free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins are my mom’s new favorite/oft-requested treat. Now that I’m living so close to her, it’s very easy to drop off my latest creations.
The last few treats I dropped off at my mom’s were: pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, paleo apple crisp, maple pecan granola, and these maple pecan muffins. The verdict: FIVE STARS!! Yep, my mom actually yells that and pumps her fists in the air now. Ever since I told her that her stoic, “sure, sure” isn’t much of a helpful review, she’s switched to one of two responses:
- Um… that’s o-kaaaaaaay (Translation: Danger, Will Robinson!!! Throw out this recipe immediately. It stinks big time.)
- FIVE STARS!!! *fist pumps (Translation: well, five stars!)
I literally cringe when she says, “that’s o-kaaaaaaay.” Then Erik is like, “Grams, you can’t say that!!!” And then my mom is like, “that’s o-kaaaaay. What’s wrong with okay??” Oh, Grams. Honest to a fault. But at least you know what you’re getting right? 😉
So now that we all officially have my mom’s approval on record, we may proceed! These Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins are basically baked goods full of fall fun/awesomeness/yum/…quick-someone-get-me-a-thesaurus! Jazz hands!
When in doubt, shout “JAZZ HANDS!!!”
The maple glazed topping is sooooo easy to make, and of course, made with the least amount of sugar I could possibly manage. Remember to use a large cookie scoop to scoop and drop the muffin batter for a nice rounded top. As I’ve mentioned before, my all-time favorite scoop to use is this ice cream scoop. I know, it’s kind of funny, but the darn thing works SO well. It’s how I got the perfectly domed tops that you see in the photo here.
Once those muffins are safely and snugly sitting in their muffin cups, it’s time to prep the pecans! All you have to do is add the pecans and maple syrup to a small bowl, fold and stir until coated, and voila! It’s time to sprinkle those bad boys onto the muffin tops.
Super easy, right?
The result is so incredibly delicious and amazing: moist pumpkin muffins bursting with warm spices and pecans, then topped with glazed maple pecans. When you take that first bite, you’ll be amazed at the pop of maple flavor. It’s splendid.
Just in case I don’t have you convinced yet, let me tell you all about these Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins. They’re:
- made in just 2 bowls (blame the maple pecans for that extra bowl!) 😉
- just-right moist
- bursting with ¾ cup pecans in the batter
- and… of course, a generous ¼ cup pecans on top
- deliciously made with the warm spices you love
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- plenty of your favorite fall flavors rolled into one: pumpkin spice, cinnamon, maple, pecans
- wonderfully refined sugar-free
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- made with the simple, whole and healthy ingredients you love
- totally FIVE STAR rated by my mom, like woah!
Are you ready for this jelly? Okay, by ‘jelly’ I mean muffins. It’s time to whisk, stir, fold and chop our way to the coziest goshdarn fall, like, EVER. I’ll grab the orange and brown leaf-print aprons, you grab the pumpkins? 😉 I’m so excited to spice up the holidays with you. Thank you for baking and making all the wonderful treats here with me. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. In the meantime, tell me:
What are your happiest fall memories?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
And a few Fall-inspired Plant-based, Allergy-Friendly Recipes for the road…
Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars | Super Fudgy Paleo Maple Pecan Brownies | Paleo Apple Crisp | 3 Ingredient Chocolate Pecan Fudge (Paleo) | Oil-Free Paleo Cinnamon Nut Granola | Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies | Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (Paleo)
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. .
Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins (V, GF): an easy recipe for deliciously moist, pumpkin spice muffins topped with maple glazed pecans. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice**
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, spice and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold in the last bit of flour. Fold in ¾ cup pecans.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I like using this ice cream scoop to create a beautiful round top. If needed, use a rubber spatula to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top. Note: batter will bake up very close to how it looks raw.
- In a small bowl, add Topping ingredients: 1/4 cup pecans and 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Stir and fold until pecans are well-coated in maple syrup. Evenly sprinkle maple pecans over muffins. Gently press into muffin tops. Bake for 18-25 minutes. Mine took 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread and my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy, overly moist muffins.
- **Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you can use: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Storage notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until warm.
- Category: Muffins, Fall, Thanksgiving, Gluten Free, Vegan, Healthy, Whole Grain, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
If you enjoyed these plant-based, allergy-friendly Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins, then you’ll just love these delicious healthy recipes:
☀︎ More Gluten Free Vegan Bread, Muffins & Fall Recipes ☀︎
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Bread (Whole Grain, V, GF, DF) | One Bowl Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Vegan, Dairy-Free, GF) | Skillet-Roasted Maple Cinnamon Pecans (Paleo, Gluten-Free, V) | One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread (V, GF, Dairy-Free) | No Bake Paleo Chocolate Pecan Bars (V, GF, Refined Sugar-Free) | Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan) | and… No Bake Brownie Energy Bites, just for fun. 😉
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.