An easy recipe for Gluten Free Banana Muffins that are satisfyingly dense and rich, with just a bit of fluffiness and delicious medium sweet banana flavor.
What’s your favorite banana muffin flavor of all time? Shoot, I actually meant to ask, “What’s your favorite muffin flavor of all time” and still ended up saying banana muffins. Whoops!
At least you know what I’ve got on my mind today. 😉
Are you in the mood for the best gluten free banana muffins ever? Because you came to the right place! And if you’re an a-okay fan of banana muffins, or just bananas in general… may I point you in the direction of these super yummy gluten free muffins:
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Moist Vegan Zucchini Muffins w/ Chocolate Chips (Gluten Free)
- Easy Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe – Gluten Free
- Best Healthy Zucchini Muffins (V, GF)
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, (and we’re now all planning a multitude of muffin bake-a-thons—ya know—to truly honor the above magnificent gluten free muffins), let’s get to the good stuff!
Today, our kitchen adventure will consist of learning how to make gluten free banana muffins, exploring the taste and texture of said muffins through word-scaping (landscaping? Uuuuuh), and learning how to store and freeze these muffins. Ready? Let’s bake this!
How to Make Gluten Free Banana Muffins
Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place muffin liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.
Peel & Mash Bananas
Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the wet ingredients: coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
Add the Dry Ingredients & Whisk
Add the dry ingredients and whisk until well mixed: gluten free oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in walnuts or other add-ins.
Scoop & Drop Batter
Using this large muffin scoop, scoop and drop muffin batter into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for about 25 minutes.
Cool and Enjoy
Cool and enjoy the best gluten free banana muffins ever!
The Taste & Texture of Gluten Free Banana Muffins
Texture: these gluten free banana muffins are satisfyingly dense and rich, with just a bit of fluffiness. Dare I say it, they have good mouthfeel! (Felt weird to say it, but YOLO.)
Taste: The rich, medium sweet banana flavor of these gf banana muffins are complemented by a cozy nuttiness that feels good (like your mouth lol.)
You might also like…
- Vegan Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter (GF)
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats Recipe (Gluten Free)
Storing and Freezing your gluten free banana muffins
Room Temperature: Store your gluten free banana muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 4 days. I recommend enjoying them the first 2 days, as that’s when they’re freshest and yummiest!
Freezing: These gluten free banana muffins freeze well. Store in a freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
Learn how to make Gluten Free Banana Muffins that are satisfyingly dense and rich, with just a bit of fluffiness and delicious medium sweet banana flavor.
Great Tools for the Best Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- Muffin Batter Scoop: this large scoop is actually an incredible ice cream scoop–but I discovered awhile ago that a heaping scoop of this is the perfect amount of batter for a full muffin cup. It’s so much easier to handle the muffin batter with this tool than anything else–a spoon, a smaller scoop, funnel, etc.
- Pastry Cutter: my favorite way aka “easy and not aggravating” way to mash bananas. This tool mashes the bananas very evenly and keeps the mess down to a minimum (I’m looking at you, bananas!).
- Golden Ground Flaxseed: so finely ground and of such a high-quality that I’m astounded. Ages ago, my favorite golden ground flaxseed brand stopped making their stuff. 🙁 I was on the hunt for a ground flaxseed that I could actually stand behind that compared to that long-ago flaxseed. This is it.
- Unbleached Muffin Liners or Nonstick Parchment Muffin Liners: I love both of these and swap which ones I use from time to time. The unbleached ones are compostable and stick just-enough to the muffins while the nonstick ones will literally fall off after cooling (perfect for those who hate liners that stick!).
Oh come on, your favorite muffin flavor of all time really is banana muffins. Amiright?! Be sure to leave a comment if you try my recipe, I truly love hearing from you! Grateful, joyful, and purpose-driven because of you. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in these amazing kitchen adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Gluten Free Banana Bread & Muffins Recipes
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins
- Super Moist Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe (Gluten-Free)
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.