Paleo Almond Joy Milkshake (V, DF, Paleo): a deliciously decadent recipe for thick, creamy milkshakes bursting with coconut, chocolate and almonds! Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten Free.
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/3 cup coconut cream*
- 1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup paleo-friendly vanilla ice cream**
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted almonds, chopped or sliced
- 2 tablespoons mini vegan chocolate chips
- Dairy-free whip, chocolate sauce, almonds, coconut
- Add bananas to a blender or food processor. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla, blending until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add ice cream, coconut, almonds and chocolate chips, blending until well incorporated.
- Pour into cups. Optionally, top with coconut whip, chocolate sauce and your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
– Adapted from my Almond Joy Ice Cream and my Paleo Mocha Frappe.
– *You can use canned coconut cream, or you do the following: Allow a can of full-fat coconut milk to settle for 1-3 days—set it in a stable, cool environment. Open the can and scoop the firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the coconut cream.
– **If you can’t find paleo ice cream, you can use 3/4 to 1 cup of my paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream, and leave out the coconut flakes, almonds and mini chocolate chips from this recipe.
– More frozen drink recipes: Mango coconut milkshake, peanut butter hot chocolate smoothie, triple berry smoothie.
- Category: Frozen Drinks, Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free