Paleo Blueberry Banana Chia Smoothie (V, GF, Paleo): a 4-ingredient recipe for antioxidant-rich and refreshing blueberry banana chia smoothies. Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, No Sugar Added.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, add chia seeds and ½ cup almond milk. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Add bananas and remaining 1 cup almond milk to a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add blueberries, blending until smooth.
- Remove the chia seed mixture from the refrigerator—it should have thickened to a gel-like consistency. Whisk until well mixed. Using a rubber spatula or spoon, scrape the chia seed mixture into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two cups. Enjoy immediately!
– Adapted from my Mango Chia Seed Smoothie and my Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl.
– More Smoothie Recipes (all V, GF, DF): strawberry peanut butter smoothie, peanut butter banana ice cream smoothie, mango kiwi chia seed smoothie bowl.
– More Frozen Drink Recipes (all V, GF, DF): Paleo Mocha Frappe, Coffee Coconut Frappe, Peppermint Mocha Frappe (Paleo).
- Category: Smoothies, Frozen Drinks, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free