Satisfying peanut butter and cozy sweet bananas come together for the best ever healthy peanut butter banana overnight oats!
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or vanilla yogurt of choice*
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- chopped peanuts
- sliced banana
- natural peanut butter for layers or just drizzle on top
- Set aside 2-3 jars, depending on the size of the servings you’ll be making.
- To use a mixing bowl for quicker mixing:
- Add bananas to the mixing bowl. Using a fork, sturdy whisk, or dough blender (preferred), mash the bananas until mostly smooth.
- Add the rest of the overnight oats ingredients: oats, chia seeds, peanut butter, coconut cream or yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup and milk.
- Whisk the ingredients together until well mixed, and no clumps of coconut cream or yogurt remain.
- Or, add ingredients straight into the jars:
- Add banana evenly to jars. Mash bananas.
- Add all the remaining ingredients evenly into the jars, leaving enough room to stir.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Seal jars and store overnight in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, top with peanuts, banana slices, and peanut butter drizzle. Enjoy cold the next morning. Storing instructions below.
*I prefer using coconut cream in overnight oats—it lends a thick, creamy and delicious texture. If using non-dairy yogurt, make sure to choose your favorite kind—the flavor will be very present. Also, use vanilla yogurt for a tasty addition!
Storing Instructions: I don’t recommend keeping this recipe for longer than 24 hours or so. The banana will ripen & spoil after the first morning/afternoon after keeping it overnight.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American