Thick and Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe: the best vegan chocolate chip cookies—gluten free, delicious, easy! Thick chocolate chip cookies with crispy edges, chewy, soft centers, bursting with chocolate! GF, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Are you ready for the BEST thick and chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies?
Yep, there was no preamble or anything for these incredible, delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies! <– She’s not playing today! Hehe!
It’s just… cookies are kind of a thing here at Beaming Baker. And by thing, I mean THING. Like, a BIG THING. Which is starting to sound weirder and weirder as I say it… but you know what I mean!
Like, vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies are a huge deal here at BB. See: Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (Gluten-Free), and Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies. Just to name a few. 😉
We take our chocolate chip cookies very, very seriously… and now that today is the day for our official, best ever Thick and Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, I cannot rest until you make them! I mean, obviously, I can totally tell whether you’ve made them or not. Ahem. 😉
Thick and Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – Gluten Free, Easy, Delicious!
So you’ve been requesting a thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie that also qualifies as a vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe and I’m here to deliver. Are you ready?
These are the best vegan chocolate chip cookies ever! Think: crispy edges and bottom, chewy & soft centers, packed with all the vegan chocolate chips… and thick. Just the way you like it. You ready? Let’s bake this!
Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Ingredients
This easy vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe is made with simple, whole, gluten free vegan ingredients! They make for the best thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.
- Gluten Free Oat Flour
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Flax Eggs
- And, of course: baking powder, salt, and pure vanilla extract!
How to Make Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF)
The best vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe is pretty easy to make! First, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Then, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Combine the two to create your vegan gluten free cookie dough! Fold in chocolate chips.
Then, here’s the trick to creating thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies: chill the cookie dough in the freezer for 20 minutes. Scoop and drop the cookie dough balls and bake. Cool and enjoy the best vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies!
Tips for the Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
In order to take this easy vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe to the next level, aka, make them the best thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe, follow these tips:
- Chill the dough until completely firm. This ensures that the cookie dough won’t spread into thin, flat cookies while baking.
- Don’t flatten the dough too much. After scooping and dropping your vegan cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, you need to slightly flatten them. I like to flatten mine about halfway for thick chocolate chip cookies. Flattening them too much will result in thin chocolate chip cookies.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough. It will make the dough so much easier to control. Here’s the cookie scoop I use.
- Follow the recipe exactly. Any time you make substitutions, use expired ingredients or skip steps, you risk baking less than ideal treats.
- Do not use coarse homemade oat flour. I love using homemade oat flour in this vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe, but sometimes that can mean coarse bits of oats can mess up the chocolate chip cookies. If need be, sift your homemade oat flour before scooping and measuring for your vegan chocolate chip cookies.
- Do not scoop the cookie dough in a hot kitchen. If the cookie dough becomes too melty (or you’re sweating because it’s too hot in there), that could mean your dough is not firm enough to yield thick chocolate chip cookies. The fix: place your mixing bowl of cookie dough back into the freezer and re-chill. Move your workspace to another, cooler area, then scoop your dough when it’s firm & chilled.
Storing the Delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies keep for 1-2 weeks at room temperature. Store in an airtight container out of direct sunlight or heat. To Freeze these delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies: store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. See thawing instructions in Notes.
Are you ready to bake the best vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies? Scratch that–are you ready to bake the best thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies ever?!? Let’s do it! As always, I’m so grateful that you’re here, sharing in these kitchen adventures with me. 🙂 I can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til next time…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
More Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes!
- Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Cookie Dough Bites (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
- Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – 5 ways
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools for the Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Click below for the tools & ingredients I used to make this delicious & easy vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe!
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: I love these vegan chocolate chips. They’re also gluten-free, soy-free, and they melt so beautifully!
- Medium Cookie Scoop: The exact cookie scoop I use when making these delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies.
- Coconut Sugar: One of my favorite vegan sweeteners–it adds such a wonderful and rich flavor.
- Cooling Rack: My go-to racks when cooling these easy vegan chocolate chip cookies. They stand the test of time!
- Small Cookie Scoop: If you’re looking to make the best vegan gluten free chocolate chips more portion control-friendly, try this smaller cookie scoop.