Vegan Banana Brownies: thick, super moist chocolate banana brownies. Melt-in-your-mouth fudgy and rich with a soft, tender crumb. The best banana brownie recipe! GF.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift together oat flour, cacao powder, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in vegan chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Optionally, sprinkle with chocolate chips and lightly press down into batter.
- Bake 30-40 for minutes. Mine took 35 minutes. Cool in pan placed on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Pinch parchment paper & lift banana brownies + paper onto cooling rack to complete cooling, about 1-2 additional hours. Slice and enjoy.
Vegan Banana Recipes We Love
- Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Vegan Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter (GF)
- Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe (Vegan)
- Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or pop in the microwave for 30 seconds or more.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan banana brownies, banana brownie recipe