healthy banana chocolate chip muffins: soft & moist banana bread muffins with sky-high, crispy tops, melty chocolate chips & BIG banana flavor. whole ingredients, plant-based.
Happy Thursday! Do I say that too much? It’s just that Thursdays never get old in my house. It’s that perfect spot between the warm-up to the weekend (Friday, y’all) and the sorta-end/get-ssssh-done day (Wednesday, bugger…).
What’s your favorite day of the week? Monday? Controversial! Tuesday? Interesting… Wednesday? Odd, I like it! Or perhaps it’s Thursday, the unofficial warm-up to the weekend day?
Alright, I’ll stop jibber-jabbing about days of the week (who knew that could go on so long?) and move on to the best reason why this particular Thursday is gonna be the best Thursday ever:
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Now who’s favorite day of the week is Thursday? 😉 I know y’all have been enjoying all matter of my Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan) and you banana blueberry lovers have been enjoying my vegan healthy banana blueberry muffins recipe.
But other folks have been asking for more, more, more! And by “more, more, more”, I mean, folks have been asking for a simple & healthy banana chocolate chip muffins recipe. No frills, no other fruits, and LOTS of banana taste. Are you ready for this? Let’s bake it!
Soft & Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Why should you bake this healthy banana chocolate chip muffins recipe? Because: the taste & the texture are everything. These banana chocolate chip muffins have a beautifully soft and moist crumb, with gorgeously high, round and crispy tops. With the perfect amount of sweetness, this banana muffins recipe highlights the BIG banana flavor with just the right amount of melty, rich chocolate chips. If you’re looking for a deeper, darker chocolate fix, try my Easy Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins (V, GF).
How to Store Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
To store: store healthy banana muffins in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature, out of direct light.
To freeze: store banana chocolate chip muffins in an airtight container or bag, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15 second increments until just warm.
Great Tools for Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Wondering what exact tools and ingredients I used to make these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins? Click below to find out!
- Dough Blender: Erik’s #1 favorite tool for mashing bananas–and, I mean, he mashes A LOT of them. He’s the resident banana masher in the BB kitchens (as if we could have several) and this is his highly-recommended tool for quickly smashing bananas to a near-puree while keeping just a few yummy banana chunks for the best banana chocolate chip muffins.
- Muffin Batter Scoop: I can’t recommend this muffin batter scoop enough. It’s actually an ice cream scoop, but it works beautifully for super quick, even muffin batter distribution. Plus, it helps prevent batter spills, keeping my counters and the muffin pan nice and clean!
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips or Vegan Chocolate Chips: I have a few bags each of these chocolate chips. One is for regular use, one is the kind I cut into a recipe when I really, really need a big chocolate fix, but am trying to keep my sugar intake down for the day. Sometimes I’ll just snack on the sugar free chocolate chips for a quick chocolate fix! Another recipe I love using these in: Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Vegan, Gluten-Free).
It’s Tuesday, isn’t it?! 😉 We all have a favorite day of the week… but do we have a favorite banana chocolate chip muffin recipe? I hope this is it! Just in case I don’t say it enough, I’m so grateful that you’re here, sharing in this baking adventure with me! I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Healthy Muffins Recipes (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten Free)
- Easy Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Paleo Chocolate Muffins – Gluten Free
- Healthy Moist Vegan Zucchini Muffins w/ Chocolate Chips
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Banana Recipes for Ripe Bananas
- Best Ever Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- …and Irresistible Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins: soft & moist banana bread muffins with sky-high, crispy tops, melty chocolate chips & BIG banana flavor. Whole ingredients, Plant-Based.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ¾ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add peeled bananas to a large mixing bowl. Using a dough blender, or sturdy whisk/fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add remaining wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula to incorporate the last few bits. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Using a muffin batter scoop**, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin cups. Fill each cup all the way to the top for a lower quantity of big, round-topped muffins, and ¾ of the way for a higher quantity of smaller muffins. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the muffin tops.
- Bake for 16-26 minutes. Mine took 22 minutes for large, high-topped muffins. Place muffin pan onto a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Then, gently transfer muffins directly onto cooling rack for 1 hour to cool completely. Enjoy. Storing instructions below.
Healthy Muffins Recipes
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Sugar | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Blanched Almond Flour | Coconut Oil | Pure Vanilla Extract | Sugar Free Chocolate Chips or Vegan Chocolate Chips
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
- **I like to use this muffin batter scoop (aka ice cream scoop) to scoop and drop one scoop of batter into each muffin liner. This scoop helps control the batter and prevent messes. Tip: after dropping scoops, lightly tap the pan to even out the batter.
- Storage Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: These muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in 10-second increments in the microwave until warm.
- Recommended Tools: Dough Blender | 4 Event Timer | Muffin Batter Scoop | Unbleached Muffin Liners or Nonstick Parchment Muffin Liners
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.