healthy banana chocolate chip muffins: soft & moist banana bread muffins with sky-high, crispy tops, melty chocolate chips & BIG banana flavor. whole ingredients, plant-based.
Happy Thursday! Do I say that too much? It’s just that Thursdays never get old in my house. It’s that perfect spot between the warm-up to the weekend (Friday, y’all) and the sorta-end/get-ssssh-done day (Wednesday, bugger…).
What’s your favorite day of the week? Monday? Controversial! Tuesday? Interesting… Wednesday? Odd, I like it! Or perhaps it’s Thursday, the unofficial warm-up to the weekend day?
Alright, I’ll stop jibber-jabbing about days of the week (who knew that could go on so long?) and move on to the best reason why this particular Thursday is gonna be the best Thursday ever:
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Now who’s favorite day of the week is Thursday? 😉 I know y’all have been enjoying all matter of my Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan) and you banana blueberry lovers have been enjoying my vegan healthy banana blueberry muffins recipe.
But other folks have been asking for more, more, more! And by “more, more, more”, I mean, folks have been asking for a simple & healthy banana chocolate chip muffins recipe. No frills, no other fruits, and LOTS of banana taste. Are you ready for this? Let’s bake it!
Soft & Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Why should you bake this healthy banana chocolate chip muffins recipe? Because: the taste & the texture are everything. These banana chocolate chip muffins have a beautifully soft and moist crumb, with gorgeously high, round and crispy tops. With the perfect amount of sweetness, this banana muffins recipe highlights the BIG banana flavor with just the right amount of melty, rich chocolate chips. If you’re looking for a deeper, darker chocolate fix, try my Easy Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins (V, GF).
How to Store Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
To store: store healthy banana muffins in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature, out of direct light.
To freeze: store banana chocolate chip muffins in an airtight container or bag, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15 second increments until just warm.
RELATED: Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Great Tools for Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Wondering what exact tools and ingredients I used to make these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins? Click below to find out!
- Dough Blender: Erik’s #1 favorite tool for mashing bananas–and, I mean, he mashes A LOT of them. He’s the resident banana masher in the BB kitchens (as if we could have several) and this is his highly-recommended tool for quickly smashing bananas to a near-puree while keeping just a few yummy banana chunks for the best banana chocolate chip muffins.
- Muffin Batter Scoop: I can’t recommend this muffin batter scoop enough. It’s actually an ice cream scoop, but it works beautifully for super quick, even muffin batter distribution. Plus, it helps prevent batter spills, keeping my counters and the muffin pan nice and clean!
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips or Vegan Chocolate Chips: I have a few bags each of these chocolate chips. One is for regular use, one is the kind I cut into a recipe when I really, really need a big chocolate fix, but am trying to keep my sugar intake down for the day. Sometimes I’ll just snack on the sugar free chocolate chips for a quick chocolate fix! Another recipe I love using these in: Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Vegan, Gluten-Free).
It’s Tuesday, isn’t it?! 😉 We all have a favorite day of the week… but do we have a favorite banana chocolate chip muffin recipe? I hope this is it! Just in case I don’t say it enough, I’m so grateful that you’re here, sharing in this baking adventure with me! I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Healthy Muffins Recipes (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten Free)
- Secretly Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Muffins
- Healthy Moist Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Banana Recipes for Ripe Bananas
- Best Ever Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- …and Irresistible Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.