Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread Coffee Cake Recipe (V, GF): this moist ‘n healthy vegan banana coffee cake recipe is easy & gluten free, with streusel topping! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 3 ½ tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- 3 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup + 2 tablespoons, mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: Add Streusel Topping ingredients to a small bowl. Using a fork, stir and fold until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Make the banana coffee cake: Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon (if using) and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Batter will be a bit thick.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Mine took 35 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the cake. The toothpick will come out clean when the cake is done.
- Allow to cool in pan placed on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes. Lift cake along with parchment paper out of pan and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely, about 1-3 hours. Slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.Adapted from my Pumpkin Coffee Cake (V, GF).
- Storage notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature in a cool, dark environment. If stored in the refrigerator, topping will harden. Allow to soften at room temperature before enjoying, if desired.
- This coffee cake freezes well. Slice first, then store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 16 servings per recipe.
- Category: Breakfast, Quick Bread, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 41mg
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 6g