Vegan Magic Shell (V, GF, DF): a refined-sugar free, 3-ingredient recipe for the perfect homemade magic shell. Vegan, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Add coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup to a medium bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and thickened, like melted chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Use immediately. Pour over frozen treats–magic shell will harden when chilled. See storing notes below.
– Best if used immediately. Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. To use after storing: reheat in the microwave in 15-20 second increments until slightly warm and softened. Whisk until smooth.
– Pour this tasty magic shell over these recipes: Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream, 4 Ingredient Strawberry Sorbet, Gluten Free Vegan Brownies.
– Adapted from these recipes with magic shell: Vegan Ice Cream Bars, Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream Bars.
- Category: Dessert, Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free