4 Ingredient Flourless Almond Butter Cookies (Gluten Free): unbelievably soft ‘n chewy flourless almond butter cookies made with just 4 ingredients! The best gluten free almond butter cookies!
Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted, creamy natural almond butter (try homemade almond butter)
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients: almond butter, flax egg, coconut sugar, baking soda and optionally, vanilla and salt. Using a rubber spatula, thoroughly stir and fold until well mixed. Optionally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Using the palm of your hand, press down on each cookie to flatten. Cookies will spread. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack, and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 20 minutes, as cookies are very soft and fragile. Then, if desired, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack until completely cooled. After cooling, cookies will be firmer, but a tad fragile and melt-in-your-mouth. Handle with care. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Almond Butter Recipes We Love
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1-2 weeks at room temperature out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months in the freezer. Before enjoying, allow to thaw for 10-30 minutes.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond butter cookies