Smooth almond butter and all the toppings make for 4 kinds of delicious almond butter toast, including almond butter banana toast and so much more!
Almond Butter Toast, You’re Toast! (Well, You Already Knew That.)
What is it about toasting a slice of bread that makes said bread, like, 1 million times better, anyway? You take a store-bought bread, or otherwise not-baked just this morning, bread, and give it a little roasting in the tostadora fire, and boom! You’ve got the perfect, toasty-warm palette to slather on a generous heap of creamy, nutty almond butter. Sometimes that’s just enough; other times, you need a little something more. Enter: today’s 4 irresistible, tasty twists on almond butter toast!
Almond Butter Toast Ingredients
- Sliced Sandwich Bread – I’ll change up the bread I’m using to keep my almond butter toast routine fresh. If I really need a refresh, I’ll go in another direction and make one of the recipes in my Peanut Butter Toast Recipes post.
- Creamy Almond Butter – I love using homemade almond butter for this recipe. Or, if I can’t get around to making my own almond butter, I’ll grab some unsalted, natural creamy almond butter.
- Toppings Galore! In the almond butter toast recipes below, you’ll find tons of suggestions on delicious combos of toppings. You can use that as a basic guideline, then customize them to fit your tastes.
Is Almond Butter Toast Healthy?
Yes, generally. As with everything, anyone can customize a recipe to make it less healthy, and healthier. The almond butter toast recipes I’m sharing today are on the healthy side. A couple ways to make it healthier:
- Use bread made with whole ingredients and less preservatives. I like using whole wheat bread that’s made with seeds, nuts, and whole oats. I say, the heavier the whole wheat bread, the better it is for you. Yep, heavier! The lighter weight loaves always seem to boast less nutrient and take shortcuts to making their bread.
- Use almond butter that’s made with just one ingredient—almonds. Now, of course, you’re allowed a treat as well! That’s why I use a chocolate almond butter in one of the recipes.
How to Make Almond Butter Toast… 4 Delicious Ways
It’s just about as simple as you’d think to make almond butter toast! First, pop one slice of your favorite sliced sandwich bread into the toaster. Toast until you get the desired toast level (for some it’s extra crispy and just a touch under burnt, for others it’s just slightly warmed). Then, spread on about 2 tablespoons of almond butter. Lastly, pick one of the flavors of almond butter toast listed in the recipe and top! Then, enjoy. Check out the variations below:
Almond Butter Banana Bread, aka the Best Way to Make Almond Butter Banana Toast
This recipe for almond butter banana toast is one of my faves because AB and banana go so well together! Add in some cinnamon, a few nuts, and perhaps a sprinkle of coconut sugar, and you’ve got cozy banana bread delight. Btw, you might like these 3 ingredient almond butter no bake cookies!
- ½ banana for banana slices
- 2 teaspoons walnuts
- A pinch to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon coconut sugar
Trail Mix Almond Butter Toast, aka Trail Mixin’ it Up!
- 1 teaspoon each:
- Pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon sunflower seeds
White Chocolate Coconut Macadamia
For fans of the delicious almond butter + coconut combo. White chocolate, coconut and macadamia nuts elevate the creamy dreaminess of almond butter. For fans of the AB/coconut combo, try my No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites.
- 2 teaspoons coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, chopped
More Almond Butter Recipes
- No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
- 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Energy Balls
- 4 Ingredient Almond Butter Ice Cream
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Almond Butter Chocolate Balls
- Almond Butter Breakfast Bars
Tools You Need
Keepin’ it Warm ‘n Toasty
What’s the right ratio of toast to almond butter, anyway? For me, it’s just enough almond butter to moisten & top the toast—not too much so that it spills over (thank you, silky-smooth/runny natural almond butter), not too little that you’re left feeling cheated. Leave a comment below to let me know what your perfect ratio is—or how you like your toast. I simply love hearing from you! ‘Til our next toasty adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀️ 📸 😋Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.