Cozy banana flavor, creamy oats and decadent chocolate chips combine for the best banana chocolate chip overnight oats—an easy breakfast treat that can be made ahead in minutes.
Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons non-dairy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2–4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- Fresh banana slices
- Mini chocolate chips
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Prepare overnight oats in a mixing bowl for easier mixing.
- Add banana to mixing bowl and mash until mostly smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Whisk until very well mixed and chia seeds are thoroughly distributed.
- Pour the chocolate chip banana overnight oats mixture into the jars. Add any toppings you’d like now, or wait until serving (for ultra fresh toppings). Seal.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk and mix well to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
Storing Instructions: Keep overnight oats in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Be sure to use the freshest ingredients for the longest lifespan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats