Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies: the BEST paleo chocolate chip cookies—chewy centers, crispy edges, RICH chocolate flavor. Flourless, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
Can you believe it’s almost CHRISTMAS?!?!? Like where did the time go? And double like, how did we already get to the last recipe in the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown? Like, whoa! Have you enjoyed all of the vegan cookie (and candy and snack bar) recipes that I’ve shared this season? I can’t wait to hear what you think! I’m already planning the next annual vegan cookie countdown, so put in your requests for next year now! 😉
Meanwhile, have you gotten a tree yet? I know some folks like to wait to the very last minute for a really, really good deal. Lol. But that’s just not my style (usually), plus it gives Erik major anxiety waiting that long.
As you may have read about in my Sea Salt Thin Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe post, this year, we got our tree in October!!! Yep, October. I think we were both a little bummed about missing out on truly celebrating Christmas last year, plus we had all of these grand plans for Halloween that got skipped over due to work and etc.
So we got ourselves a good two plus months to enjoy our tree! Lol. Not that it was trimmed in October, but at least it was around… 😉
How far in advance do you set up your tree? If you don’t celebrate Christmas, how far in advance do you get set up for the holidays you celebrate? 🙂
Whether you’re searching for a last minute vegan holiday cookie to share with your loved ones…or you’ve been baking cashew butter paleo chocolate chip cookies and fudgy paleo brownies since Thanksgiving (and before that) to prepare, here’s a brand new paleo cookie to enjoy!
The BEST Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
Allow me to introduce you to the best paleo double chocolate chip cookies ever!! AKA: your new favorite vegan double chocolate chip cookies. Of all time. Care to know a bit more about this grain-free cookie wonder? Check it out:
The Taste: these paleo double chocolate chip cookies are bursting with deep, rich chocolate flavor. Imagine: crispy edges, unbelievably chewy centers, and just the right amount of mouthwatering, satisfying chocolate flavor.
The #1 Secret Ingredient to the Best Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Well, actually, the #1 secret ingredient to the best paleo double chocolate chip cookies are actually two secret ingredients: creamy almond butter and unsalted tahini! Ever since I started having my butt handed to me when making baking paleo treats, I’ve had to realize that paleo baking is a truly, truly tricky beast.
Case in point: how do you make a delicious, chewy and vegan cookie grain-free, flourless, & paleo?? In two words: coconut flour. In another two words: very difficultly. Yep, difficultly. Coconut flour is tricky AF. It absorbs wet ingredients like it’s holding a grudge—like horror-movie level grudge holding, folks! So when you deal with coconut flour, you gotta go hard!
And, who can go hard against the evil villain of coconut flour? Welcome our heroes: almond butter and tahini. The two are a magical combo of creamy & buttery, and they contribute a rich texture due to their natural nut/seed oils–and those oils help to balance out the dryness vendetta of coconut flour. Et voilà: the perfect balance of chewy, crispy and DELISH paleo vegan double chocolate chip cookies! To combat evil. For all time.
Are these Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Grain-Free? Flourless? Paleo?
Yes, yes and yes! These vegan double chocolate chip cookies are:
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar-Free
- Made with Whole Ingredients
Recommended Tools for the Best Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Wondering what tools I used to make the best vegan double chocolate chip cookies? Click below to find out!
- Tahini + Almond Butter: These two ingredients pair together so well to create the most amazing flavor in this vegan double chocolate chip cookies recipe. And the way they mesh with/defeat the coconut flour? Amazing!
- Medium Cookie Scoop: Of all the kitchen tools I’ve used in my long and storied career as a baker (Erik’s words lol), this is one of my absolute favorites. It’s essential to achieving that gorgeous round cookie shape, and it speeds up the prep time immeasurably. Ironic for a baker. I know.
- 4 Event Kitchen Timer: This is another of my favorite tools because it allows you to track 4 different bake/cool times at once. Super convenient when you’re making multiple batches of cookies. 😉
- Paleo Vegan Gluten Free Baking Pantry Basics: Unsalted Tahini | Organic Coconut Flour | Paleo Chocolate Gems or Vegan Chocolate Chips | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Raw Cacao Powder | Coconut Sugar | Pure Vanilla Extract | Natural Almond Butter
So… do you think we should start celebrating Christmas in July? Or should we start then and just basically never stop? Lol! Hope you enjoy this paleo double chocolate chip cookies recipe! It is truly one of my favorites. 🙂 Wishing you and your loved ones a cozy, warm and fun-filled holiday season. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
. 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown
Welcome to the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! We’re starting a new tradition around these parts, and they involve all of the vegan gluten free Christmas cookies. This year, I’ll be sharing 9 new vegan cookie recipes to help celebrate the holiday season with you: from vegan Christmas cookies to vegan holiday cookies to vegan cookies recipes you can enjoy all year long! . We’re gonna count down from vegan cookie #9 to #1, right before Christmas! Are you excited? 🙂
Vegan Cookie #1: The BEST Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
In case ya missed it, here are the other vegan Christmas cookies that I’ve shared so far:
- 9. 3 Ingredient Low Carb Peppermint Chocolate Fudge (Keto, Vegan)
- 8. Sea Salt Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7. Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF)
- 6. 4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe (Flourless)
- 5. Chocolate Pistachio Healthy Vegan Snack Bars (Gluten Free)
- 4. Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 3. Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 2. 3 Ingredient Easy Paleo Candied Almonds Recipe (Vegan, Healthy)
- 1. Today’s Recipe! BEST Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
So… what did you think of this new Beaming Baker tradition? I hope you had so much fun baking & sharing in all of these vegan cookie recipes with me! Let me know what recipes you wish were in this year’s Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! I’m planning next year as we speak, so I can start testing those recipes soon. 🙂
The Best EASY Paleo Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes!
- Chocolate Chip Homemade Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe (Flourless, Oil-Free)
- Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Vegan, Paleo)
- Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with Coconut Flour
- Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies: the BEST paleo chocolate chip cookies—chewy centers, crispy edges, RICH chocolate flavor. Flourless, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted tahini
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except paleo chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Do not roll cookie dough in the palm of your hands—this will cause the dough to warm up and release too much oil, resulting in spread out cookies with unseemly crispy edges.
- Using the palm of your hand, quickly press down to flatten cookies—they’ll spread just a bit while baking. Flatten less if you want thicker cookies, flatten more for larger, flatter cookies. Press chocolate chips into cookie tops. Press together any cracks that form.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool directly on the sheet for 10-15 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 10 minutes, as cookies are fragile. Transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Mouthwatering Paleo Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Unsalted Tahini | Organic Coconut Flour | Paleo Chocolate Gems or Vegan Chocolate Chips | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Raw Cacao Powder | Coconut Sugar | Pure Vanilla Extract | Natural Almond Butter
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just softened.
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop or Small Cookie Scoop | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Cookie Sheet | Dishwasher-Safe Glass Mixing Bowls | My Favorite Prep Bowls | Silicone Spatulas
- Category: Healthy Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo double chocolate chip cookies, vegan double chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.