Sea Salt Thin Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (GF): SUPER thin vegan chocolate chip cookies that are CRISPY throughout. Sprinkled with sparkling sea salt: the BEST sweet & salty gluten free chocolate chip cookies! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Welcome to #8 in the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! Did you enjoy #9? 🙂 If you missed it, check out the blue box lower in the post (above the recipe). I’ll be keeping you up-to-date on all the recipes that I share during the vegan cookie countdown! 🙂
Meanwhile… Happy December! So, like, WHOA. How did time pass by so quickly? How is it December yet? Have you started decorating your Christmas tree, whipping up batches of peppermint keto fudge, or put up decorations for the holiday you celebrate? 🙂
Erik and I’ve been slowly, but surely, decorating our Christmas tree since late-October. No biggie. Bahahaha!! I know, I had to put that “bahahahaaha” in for one or more of my sisters who ribbed us endlessly for getting a Christmas tree too early.
But what can I say? We’re both huge fans of the holidays and we have so much holiday-celebrating-catching up to do. When Erik and I met, I slowly allowed him to peel back the layers of my personality and see what a true holiday fiend I am. (Best not to scare him off too quickly, you see.)
At first it was, “Oh, Christmas cards? Yeah, that’s cool.”
Then, it was “Ugly Christmas sweaters? Sure, why not?”
Leading to, “Christmas in July? Heck yeah!!”
And now… “We have to get our Christmas tree in October. Or August. Or… what about that Christmas in July business? Do we just keep Christmas going from then to now, or…?”
And now here we are, two holiday-celebratin’ fiends. Happily holidayin’ together.
The only thing is…we haven’t been able to properly celebrate holidays since we started the blog. Since we have to make and prepare things ahead of schedule, we’re kind of on a TV-crew-eqsue timeline. Like, everyone on Psych was probably celebrating Christmas in August for their Christmas episode… and everyone on Brooklyn 99 was celebrating Halloween in March while they were probably shooting their Halloween episode. (Shoutout to Halloween Heist!!)
So we’ve been a bit wonky with our internal holiday clocks… but this year, we dialed Christmas all the way back to October (but still had the restraint to hold off on decorating ‘til after my birthday in November.) And now here we are, still adding stuff to our Christmas tree!
Can you relate? (Please say you dooooo.) While you mull that over, allow me to share my first vegan Christmas cookie of the year with you…
Sea Salt Thin Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Do you like crispy, thin—I mean almost impossibly thin—vegan chocolate chip cookies? I shared my Thin & Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies this past summer and since then, folks have been over the moon about the recipe.
So I thought it was high time to bring that recipe back, right on time for the holidays, but with a bit of a salty-sweet kick! If you haven’t sprinkle coarse sea salt on your gluten free chocolate chip cookies, you haven’t lived! Okay, you’ve probably lived in different ways (parachuting, traveling, teaching, saving lives), but you haven’t had the sweet & salty chocolate chip cookie experience!
How Do the Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Taste?
The flavor, texture, taste of these easy gluten free chocolate chip cookies is amazing. Super thin vegan chocolate chip cookies boast crispy edges, tops, bottoms, centers—all of this vegan cookie is crispy. You can literally hear these cookies when you bite into them. They’re crunchy, salty & sweet—the perfect vegan Christmas cookie recipe & gift! Melty chocolate chips ooze out of crispy layers of cookie, while sparkling gems of coarse sea salt add that extra oomph to really bring the flavors out.
How to Store these Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Store your easy gluten free chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container such as this super cute cookie tin! Make sure to keep cookies away from sunlight and heat sources. Keep them for 1-3 weeks at room temperature, or 1-2 months in the freezer.
Recommended Tools for the Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here are my favorite tools for making the best gluten free chocolate chip cookies!
- Medium Cookie Scoop: Okay, I seriously love this scoop! I’ve used dozens of different tools to scoop out my cookie dough, and this one is by far the best.
- Unbleached Parchment Paper: This is my go-to when it comes to lining baking sheets. It’s so easy to use, and keeps cookies from sticking to the pan!
- My Favorite Prep Bowls: In case you couldn’t tell by the name, these are my favorite prep bowls. They make it super easy to get all the gluten free chocolate chip cookie ingredients ready ahead of time.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Sugar | Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Golden Flaxseed | Vegan Chocolate Chips | Coconut Oil | Maple Syrup | Pure Vanilla Extract
How soon do you start celebrating the holidays? I can’t wait to hear your thoughts (on the holidays and this easy gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe!). I’m so grateful that you’re here, celebrating this special time with me! Here’s to making many more sweet moments together. ‘Til the next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Click below to Pin
1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown
Welcome to the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! This month is one of my very favorites: we get to bake like Santa’s gonna show up any moment now and demand all the cookies in return for being on the “good” list, everyone’s merrier, kinder, and well… we get to make & give all the presents!! So I thought we’d kick off this year with a new tradition… a December vegan holiday cookie tradition! We’re gonna count down vegan holiday cookies, vegan Christmas cookies and vegan cookies you can enjoy all year long, starting from vegan holiday cookie #9 all the way to #1, right before Christmas! You excited? Let’s dive in!
Vegan Cookie #8: Sea Salt Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I hope you enjoy all of the tasty holiday vibes I’m sharing this year! Check out what I’ve shared so far… 🙂
- 9. 3 Ingredient Low Carb Peppermint Chocolate Fudge (Keto, Vegan)
- 8. Today’s recipe! –> Sea Salt Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7. Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF)
- 6. 4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe (Flourless)
- 5. Chocolate Pistachio Healthy Vegan Snack Bars (Gluten Free)
- 4. Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 3. Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 2. 3 Ingredient Easy Paleo Candied Almonds Recipe (Vegan, Healthy)
- 1. BEST Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
Delicious Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Homemade Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe
- Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Thick and Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Sea Salt Thin Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (GF): SUPER Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies that are CRISPY throughout. Sprinkled with sparkling sea salt: the BEST sweet & salty gluten free chocolate chip cookies! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, sugar, flax egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, with a lot of space to spread (about 6 cookies per large cookie sheet). Cookies will spread a lot—they’ll be large and flat when done baking. Cookie dough will be very soft (like liquid gel) and begin spreading before baking. If desired, use the back of a spoon to nudge cookies into a prettier circular shape. Dot with chocolate chips—save half if you want to press more in after baking (those chips are a bit more visible). Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes—bake on the higher end for crispier cookies. Mine took 14 minutes. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Optionally, sprinkle with more sea salt. Then, transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy/crumbly cookies.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips | Coconut Sugar | Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Golden Flaxseed | Coconut Oil | Maple Syrup | Pure Vanilla Extract
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop | Cooling Rack | Unbleached Parchment Paper | My Favorite Kitchen Timer | Mailbox Cookie Gift Tin
- Category: Healthy Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe, vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.