Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for deliciously chewy chocolate macaroon cookies bursting with 2x the chocolate! Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free.
So you may’ve noticed that we’re kind of coconut fanatics ‘round these parts… If I don’t share a coconut recipe for a few weeks, I’ll most likely get an email within a few days requesting one.
And that email is not always from my mom.
My mom, aka Grams, is the resident Coconut Expert here at Team Beaming Baker (self-proclaimed team… but we really need to get shirts to make it official, amirite?). She’s loved coconut as far back as I can remember. And what my momma says goes. 🙂
It’s the reason why I dedicated these no bake chocolate coconut bars to her. And this paleo almond joy recipe. And this coconut chocolate chip vegan ice cream. And and these paleo macaroons. Oh, and also these almond butter coconut energy bites. (Yep, there’s even more where that came from…) ????
Just… if you see a chocolate and coconut recipe on the blog, it’s safe to assume my mom was probably the driving force behind it. (I’ve really got to block or “mark as spam” her email address…)
Anywho, as a sort of warm-up post to her special birthday dedication recipe (later in October), I made this paleo chocolate coconut macaroons recipe. They’re AMAZING. They taste just like paleo brownies and paleo coconut macaroons had a baby. And you ate it.
How could you?!?!
Ahh… what would I do if my mother didn’t love me? Where would I go with this wretched humor? :0 As I was saying (why do I insist on repeatedly interrupting myself—like right now), I was in the thick of testing these paleo vegan coconut macaroons when I decided it was pretty much done, or at least hopefully 99% done. I was going to test one more batch, then another, then another (just to be safe), when Erik proclaimed:
“THEY’RE DONE. They’re perfect!!! Um… can I have more?”
And I foolishly turned my back, then turned back around, and three more coconut macaroons had disappeared… So there you have it: Erik has resorted to stealth mode food theft and cloak-and-dagger distraction methods for these. That’s how amazing they are. 😉
In case I don’t have you convinced, allow me to tell you all about them. This Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons Recipe is:
- soft and chewy
- bursting with coconut flavor
- paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- deliciously refined sugar-free
- made with the healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- so friggin delicious, paired with Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream
- soon-to-be your favorite homemade vegan chocolate coconut macaroon cookies!
- just waiting to join your favorite homemade coconut cookies & treats: peanut butter coconut oatmeal cookies, homemade KIND coconut almond bars, and no bake cranberry coconut energy bites
I know you’ll just love these! Are you ready to give them a whirl? I’ll grab all the coconut in my kitchen (are we making like 500 of these??), you grab the coconut oil. Let’s do it! I’m seriously so grateful to have you here, sharing in these sweet kitchen adventures with me. What could be better? I can’t wait to hear what you think. ‘Til next time…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
????︎ Click below to Pin ????︎
If you enjoyed this Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons Recipe, then you’ll just love these healthy paleo vegan chocolate recipes: no bake paleo chocolate almond butter bars, paleo chocolate pecan bars, paleo chocolate almond butter fudge cups, 5 min homemade paleo fudge and paleo lemon coconut macaroons, just for fun!
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened small coconut flakes*
- 2 tablespoons finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (raw, if paleo)
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut oil**
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mini paleo vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a food processor. Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use--you must use small coconut flakes in this recipe, about the size of sprinkles. Using large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread-out cookies.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed. Add chocolate chips. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop firmly-packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart--they will increase a bit in size.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until crispy around the edges. Mine took 15 mins for large ones. Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 mins-1 hour. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Paleo Vegan Coconut Macaroons.
Try my Lemon Coconut Macaroons, my Paleo Apple Coconut Crisp or my Paleo Almond Joy (so good!!).
- **Solid coconut oil is best for this recipe. Using melted coconut oil will result in smaller, denser macaroons.
- You can easily double the batch to make more cookies!
- For smaller, 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop sized cookies, bake for 11-13 mins.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.