Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour): this gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe is chewy, salty ‘n sweet, with soft centers & crispy edges! The best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies made with tahini butter!
Did I tell you that these salted tahini paleo chocolate chip cookies were the very first cookies Erik and I baked in our new home? 🙂 I mean, it’s kind of a big deal. 😉 (Like, even bigger than this recipe being #3 in the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown!)
Before we started baking, I told Erik, “Hey, listen, we’re not gonna bake too much today. We need to take it slow, ease into things, ya know? Like, we just moved in; we need to warm up to our new kitchen.”
To which Erik vigorously nodded and agreed.
And 12 recipes/15 batches of paleo chocolate chip cookies, paleo chocolate orange muffins and sea salt chocolate paleo granola bars later that day…we both looked at each other and said, “We’re finally home now.”
I mean, there’s nothing quite like a signature BB bake-a-thon to feel like we’re really, truly at home. Do you have a ritual/tradition that you need to complete before feeling like you’re truly at home after you move into a new place?
I can’t wait to hear all about it. 🙂 In the meantime, I can assure you that this recipe most definitely handed me my gluten free biscuits on a platter. If you know what I mean. Okay, you might not know what I mean.
Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies – Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies made with coconut flour!
These salted tahini paleo chocolate chip cookies were truly…something else to make. If you’ve been with me for a while, you know that I’ve been experimenting with tahini and coconut flour in my paleo gluten free chocolate chip cookies. They make for a fantastic combo of chewy, crispy and just, tasty, cookies. Case in point: my Big Sesame Tahini Cookies.
Problem is: when you mess with the amount of one of the butters, you get a ridiculously different result. So we “messed” around with the tahini and almond butter amounts until we found the sweet spot. Satisfying, nutty tahini flavor without any of the would-be bitterness that comes from not using tahini properly. (You know what I’m talking about!)
Bonus: these salted tahini paleo chocolate chip cookies are made with coconut flour! Just like y’all been asking for for ages! Excited? Let’s talk about it. 🙂
How do these Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Taste?
These salted tahini paleo chocolate chip cookies are the best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies…like EVER. Here are my exact notes from my recipe testing trials for these gluten free cookies:
- Perfect combo of salty & sweet.
- Chewy overall aka “caramel chew” as described by Erik 😉
- Tastes like Christmas. Something a lil’ special; something a lil’ extra
- Soft centers, crispy edges
- Tahini flavor pairs so well w/ chocolate & sea salt
Storing Your Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut Flour
As with all gluten free chocolate chip cookies made with coconut flour, you’ll have to be a bit more vigilant with storing your cookies. (Or, just eat them all the first day.) Make sure to store your tahini chocolate chip cookies in a container that’s kept out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
Here’s the breakdown on how the cookies will progress throughout each day:
- Day 1: Best this day. Perfectly chewy, lightly moist, with crispy edges
- Day 2: A bit drier (I’m looking at you, Coconut Flour!) But still good.
- Day 3: Moist, very chewy. Last day to enjoy at their peak, IMO.
Tools for the Best Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Unbleached Parchment Paper: Erik and I both truly love how easy it is to bake cookies when you line your baking sheet with parchment paper. The cookies never stick to the pan, and clean up is legit a breeze! .
- My Favorite Kitchen Timer: Okay, so this amazing timer lets you keep track of four different times at once. That means you can monitor bake time, cool time, chill time and more for multiple recipes, all from the same handy little timer.
- Coconut Flour: To make the best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies using coconut flour… you gotta have coconut flour! 😉
- Medium Cookie Scoop: An absolute must-have, essential kitchen tool when you’re making paleo chocolate chip cookies, or any kind of cookie. Super easy to use, and unbelievably helpful for scooping up dozens of cookies in no time.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Tahini | Coconut Sugar | Paleo Chocolate Gems or Vegan Chocolate Chips | Coconut Flour | Pure Vanilla Extract | Unsalted Natural Almond Butter | Golden Ground Flaxseed
Don’t tell me: you’re ready for a BB bake-a-thon of your own! Yay!!! 😉 Let’s just say I’ve got you covered for the holidays! There are a few more tasty treats to come… If I don’t say it enough: I’m so grateful that you’re here, sharing in these memory-making kitchen experiences with me. Here’s to creating the delicious, healthy treats our loved ones deserve. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
. 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown
Welcome to the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! We’re starting a new tradition around these parts, and they involve all of the vegan gluten free Christmas cookies. This year, I’ll be sharing 9 new vegan cookie recipes to help celebrate the holiday season with you: from vegan Christmas cookies to vegan holiday cookies to vegan cookies recipes you can enjoy all year long! . We’re gonna count down from vegan cookie #9 to #1, right before Christmas! Are you excited? 🙂
Vegan Cookie #3: Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
In case ya missed it, here are the other gluten free vegan Christmas cookies that I’ve shared so far:
- 9. 3 Ingredient Low Carb Peppermint Chocolate Fudge (Keto, Vegan)
- 8. Sea Salt Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7. Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF)
- 6. 4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe (Flourless)
- 5. Chocolate Pistachio Healthy Vegan Snack Bars (Gluten Free)
- 4. Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 3. Today’s recipe!! Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 2. 3 Ingredient Easy Paleo Candied Almonds Recipe (Vegan, Healthy)
- 1. BEST Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies You’ll Love (Gluten Free)
Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour): this gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe is chewy, salty ‘n sweet! The best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies made with tahini butter! Dairy-Free, Healthy, Grain-Free.
Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup unsalted tahini
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except paleo chocolate and sea salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Press chocolate into the tops of cookies. Using the palm of your hand, lightly flatten cookies for thicker cookies or flatten more for thinner, wider cookies. If cracks form, press back together. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool directly on the sheet for 15-20 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 15 minutes, as cookies are fragile. Optionally, sprinkle with more sea salt, if desired. Then, using a spatula, gently transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
More Delicious Paleo Vegan Cookies
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Tahini | Coconut Sugar | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Paleo Chocolate Gems | Coconut Flour | Pure Vanilla Extract | Unsalted Natural Almond Butter | Ground Flaxseed
- Freshness Notes: Cookies are best on the first day—perfectly chewy, lightly moist, with crispy edges. On Day 2, cookies will dry out a bit (blame the coconut flour!), but are still good. Cookies will dry out more and more as the days go by. I recommend enjoying by Day 3 at the latest.
- Storing Instructions: Store in a container at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources for up to 1 week (but best on Day 1).
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes, or heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop or Small Cookie Scoop | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls | 4 Event Kitchen Timer | Baking Sheet
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Healthy Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salted tahini chocolate chip cookies, best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies, made with coconut flour
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.