The BEST VEGAN chewy oatmeal raisin cookies EVER–crispy edges with a CHEWY center, bursting with oats, warm spices & juicy raisins! Gluten-Free, Healthy Ingredients, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
As I’m writing this, I’m shivering like no other. I’m getting that freezy-shivers-almost-headache and I’m bundled up like I’m living on the highest mountain in the coldest place on earth.
But one thing that’s keeping a smile on my face? The thought of COOKIES!!! Specifically, vegan oatmeal raisin cookies! *happy sigh*
Is there anything better than being almost completely frozen, but knowing that there are pumpkin spice-scented candles, big, cozy blankets, a colorful Christmas tree, and a big ol’ oven full of freshly baked/baking oatmeal raisin cookies waiting for you?
Like, that’s what the holidays are about, ya know? 😉 And…other things. Hehe!
Over the years, I’ve gotten more and more excited about baking oatmeal raisin cookies once the temperatures started dropping. There’s just something about the fall and winter seasons that call for vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, ya know? Is it the warm spices that are signature to oatmeal raisin cookies? Is it the chewy, satisfying oats packed in oatmeal raisin cookies? Or is it the juicy raisins sweetly and perfectly balancing out every bite of an amazing oatmeal raisin cookie?
Whatever it is, I’ve packed it all into my amazing chewy vegan oatmeal raisin cookies!
Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
This year, right on time for all of your vegan holiday & Christmas cookie platters, holiday gluten free dessert tables and, well, your own personal awesome cookie jar, I’m sharing the best, most amazing chewy vegan oatmeal raisin cookies!!
Yes, they’re gluten free. Yes, they’re dairy-free. Yes, they’re refined sugar-free. And yes, they’re delicious.
Bonus: they’ll make these frigid temperatures all worth it.
The BEST Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Ever
What makes for the best, amazing chewy vegan oatmeal raisin cookies ever?? Well, I’m glad you asked! These gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies have deliciously crispy edges, with a satisfyingly chewy center, and just the right amount of juicy raisins to keep it moist and sweet. Oatmeal cookie lovers: this one’s for you. I’ve used just the right amount (and kind) of warm spices to complement the chewy gluten free rolled oats in your cookies, and to bring out the comforting sweetness of raisins.
Can I Freeze These Vegan Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (GF)
Yes! You can freeze your freshly baked vegan chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. 🙂 After cooling your cookies completely, store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Remember to allow your gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying!
Tools for the Best Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Ever!
Wondering what exact tools and ingredients I used to create the best chewy vegan oatmeal raisin cookies? Click below to find out.
- Medium Cookie Scoop: You seriously cannot beat these cookie scoops. I’ve been using them for years, and they never let me down. They’re key to achieving the best cookie shapes, and they speed up the entire cookie making process!
- My Favorite Prep Bowls: You read that right, these are my favorite prep bowls. I use them every time I make a recipe because they seriously make it so easy to get everything ready ahead of time and keep the kitchen organized.
- Cookie Sheet: One of the best cookie sheets I’ve used. I’ve had these for ages, and have probably baked with them over 1,000 times by now, and they’re still going strong!
- Glass Mixing Bowls: A fantastic set of nesting glass mixing bowls that come in a variety of sizes. They’re also dishwasher safe and microwave safe.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Coconut Sugar | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Natural Almond Butter | Coconut Oil | Maple Syrup | finely ground (recommended) GF Oat Flour (or try homemade oat flour) | Pure Vanilla Extract
Can I interest you in just one more recipe for your vegan Christmas cookie jar? 😉 If you said “Yes!!!” Let me just say, there’s so much more vegan cookie goodness where that came from. Stay tuned!! Just so you know… it’s a true joy swapping recipes & stories with you, especially this time of year. I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think of my amazing chewy vegan oatmeal raisin cookies!! ‘Til the next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
. 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown
Welcome to the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! We’re starting a new tradition around these parts, and they involve all of the vegan gluten free Christmas cookies. This year, I’ll be sharing 9 new vegan cookie recipes to help celebrate the holiday season with you: from vegan Christmas cookies to vegan holiday cookies to vegan cookies recipes you can enjoy all year long! . We’re gonna count down from vegan cookie #9 to #1, right before Christmas!
Vegan Cookie #4: Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Gluten Free)
In case ya missed it, here are the other gluten free & vegan Christmas cookies that I’ve shared so far:
- 9. 3 Ingredient Low Carb Peppermint Chocolate Fudge (Keto, Vegan)
- 8. Sea Salt Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7. Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF)
- 6. 4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe (Flourless)
- 5. Chocolate Pistachio Healthy Vegan Snack Bars (Gluten Free)
- 4. Today’s Recipe! Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 3. Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 2. 3 Ingredient Easy Paleo Candied Almonds Recipe (Vegan, Healthy)
- 1. BEST Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe (Vegan, GF)
- Vegan Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars Recipe – Easy, Healthy, Homemade!
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- …and Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread, just for fun. 😉
The BEST VEGAN chewy oatmeal raisin cookies EVER–crispy edges with a CHEWY center, bursting with oats, warm spices & juicy raisins! Gluten-Free, Healthy Ingredients, Dairy-Free.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, golden ground flaxseed, spices and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in raisins and walnuts, if using.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Optionally, dot cookies with raisins and walnuts. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. The cookies will crumble at the edges a bit after flattening—use your fingers to squish the edges back together.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up for about 15 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Delicious Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipes
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy, fall-apart cookies. Here is the finely ground GF Oat Flour that I use.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Coconut Sugar | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Natural Almond Butter | Coconut Oil | Maple Syrup | Finely Ground GF Oat Flour (or try homemade oat flour) | Pure Vanilla Extract | No Sugar Added Raisins
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Recommended Tools: Medium or Small Cookie Scoop | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Festive Cookie Tin | Glass Mixing Bowls
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Healthy Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, vegan chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, amazing oatmeal raisin cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.