Chocolate Dipped Vegan Coconut Macaroons Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for chewy and satisfying chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons made with whole ingredients! Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free small coconut flakes*
- ¼ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut oil**
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons paleo vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons paleo vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate (coconut, almond flour, oil and maple syrup) to a food processor. Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use–you must use small coconut flakes in this recipe, about the size of sprinkles. Using large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread-out cookies.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed.
- Using a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart–they will increase a bit in size.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until golden around the edges and slightly golden on top. Mine took 15 mins for large ones. Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 mins-1 hour.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside for later.
- Make the chocolate dip: Cool macaroons completely before dipping. To melt the chocolate, use the double boiler method or do the following. Add 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of one cookie into the melted chocolate, scraping off excess. Place cookie onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for all cookies—there will be some leftover chocolate. Melt 2 tablespoons chocolate in leftover chocolate bowl. Spoon chocolate into a small drizzle bottle or a zip bag with a small corner trimmed off. Drizzle macaroons. Chill in the refrigerator for 10-20 mins, until hardened. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– *You must use small coconut flakes for this recipe. The coconut flakes should be the size of sprinkles, or about half a grain of rice. Large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread out cookies (not like the round macaroons you see in the pictures). Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use (pictures included).
– **Solid coconut oil is best for this recipe. Using melted coconut oil will result in smaller macaroons.
– For smaller, 1-tablespoon cookie scoop sized cookies, bake for 11-13 mins.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
– More Paleo Vegan Coconut recipes: paleo almond joy, chocolate coconut truffles.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free