This dessert-inspired overnight oats treat is packed with nutty walnuts, sweet chocolate, and cozy banana flavor for the easiest chunky monkey overnight oats!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons chocolate chunks or mini chips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy vanilla yogurt*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Chocolate chunks
- Banana slices
- Chopped walnuts
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Prepare overnight oats in a mixing bowl for easier mixing.
- Add banana to mixing bowl and mash until mostly smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Stir until well mixed, then pour into jars when done. If using coconut cream, make sure no coconut cream clumps remain after stirring.
- Add optional dry topping. Seal jars.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.** Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk and mix well to thin it out. Enjoy!
*I prefer using coconut cream in overnight oats—it lends a thick, creamy and delicious texture. If using non-dairy yogurt, make sure to choose your favorite kind—the flavor will be very present. Also, use vanilla yogurt for a tasty addition!
**Overnight oats can last up to 5 days, depending on the freshness of your ingredients. Keep in mind, if using homemade milk, overnight oats won’t last longer than 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American