Dark Chocolate Paleo Grain Free Granola Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for the best homemade grain free granola with chunky clusters, bursting with rich dark chocolate! Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
Dark Chocolate Granola
- 1 ½ cups nuts, roughly chopped (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons finely ground, blanched almond flour*
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, or raw cacao powder for paleo
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold until clusters form and very well-mixed.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the spatula, gently nudge granola into an even layer. Separate granola into small piles to create clusters. Make space between clusters to allow for air to flow through and crisp up the granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, gently flip granola, making sure to keep clusters intact. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until edges are a deep golden brown and granola is just slightly soft. Mine took a total of 27 minutes. Granola will crisp up while cooling.
- Pour granola into a large mixing bowl. Add chocolate chips. Gently and thoroughly fold granola until well-mixed—until chocolate melts and “glues” the clusters together.
- Pour granola back onto the baking sheet. Allow to cool until chocolate sets (solidifies), about 30 minutes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Homemade Chunky Paleo Granola.
– *You may substitute this with unblanched almond meal.
– **If paleo, chop this paleo chocolate bar to replace the vegan chocolate chips.
– Here’s the large, yummy unsweetened coconut flakes that I use in this recipe.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
– Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, is estimated based on 22 1/4-cup servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Granola, Healthy Snacks, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 3g