Gluten Free Moist Mint Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins (V, GF): an easy recipe for deliciously moist ‘n rich vegan dark chocolate mint muffins bursting with festive peppermint flavors & melty chocolate chips! Made with healthy ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain.
Let me just say for the record: these gluten free moist mint dark chocolate chip muffins are my favorite chocolate muffins ever. Make that my favorite vegan gluten free muffins ever. Make that—oh you know where I’m going with this!
They’re moist, rich, decadent, bake up with THE most beautiful domed-top, completely ready to SA-TIS-FY your every chocolate craving… and did I mention MOIST? Just the right amount—not too wet, not too dry. Just right. Like the littlest bear’s porridge. Lol. I mean, just look at this! ↓
How did I come about this mint chocolate chip muffins recipe, you ask? Okay, you didn’t, but I’m just talking to myself here, work with me!! 😉 Well, almost twice a week, or every day, I think about my Easy Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins. Not just because I’m weird, but also because these babies have been one of my most popular recipes since I shared them in January.
They literally make the Top 10-15 every day. Come on!! That’s even with No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and my Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe in mind. Those recipes get crazy hits every day!
Anywho, I think about them often since I see them at the top of my analytics every day, but also, because of one thing in particular: a critique that always stuck with me… that they’re “dry in the mouth.” Now, I’ve had tons of readers say they were perfect in every way, Erik assures me that they’re his absolute fave, etc. He’s constantly asking me to make a batch—then I’ll give him a dirty look and he’ll go make them himself.
There’s always room for improvement, right? 😉
So I went back to the drawing board. But I promised to only make the subtlest of changes, without taking away everything that’s amazing with the original vegan dark chocolate muffins.
Happily, since I shared those vegan dark chocolate muffins, I’ve tested, baked (okay, same thing! Hehe), gotten feedback, shared, etc. more and more muffin recipes that y’all could need. And I still get requests for even more gluten free muffin recipes! So… not more than you could need. 😉
I’ve shared a variety of muffins, from Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins, Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, to Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins, Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins, Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins, Moist Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins, Orange Cardamom Muffins, Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins… and more.
In all of that time, experience, and feedback-gathering, I learned one big thing: folks LOVE their moist muffins! So, I applied what I learned from those muffins to these chocolate peppermint muffins—keep ‘em just the right amount of dense and light, moist, substantive (no one wants a light-as-air muffin bc they feel like they’re not gettin’ their bang for their buck, so to speak), and with a beautiful domed top.
With these Gluten Free Moist Mint Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins, consider all of those boxes CHECKED. Done and done, folks! If all of this was too long to read, and you’re here for just the bulletpoints, you got it! These gluten free chocolate chip peppermint muffins are:
- moist, rich, and decadent
- perfectly fluffy, but also just the right amount of dense and satisfying
- with just the perfect amount of chocolate chips
- wonderfully allergy-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free
- just the best mint chocolate chip muffins recipe to enjoy this holiday season!
- seriously so good paired with Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- made with the simple, whole and healthy ingredients you know and love
- soon to be your favorite gluten free chocolate mint muffins
- perfect for Christmas & holiday gift-giving, along with Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies, Best Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Bread, Healthy Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bars
- my new favorite way to think (daily) about vegan dark chocolate muffins. Lol
So are you ready to bake these deliciously healthy & moist chocolate mint muffins? Let’s do it! I’ll grab the peppermint extract, you grab the cocoa powder! I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. It’s seriously such a joy to share in these sweet moments with you. Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season! ‘Til next time…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
????︎ Click below to Pin ????︎
Gluten Free Vegan Mint Chocolate Recipes & More!
If you enjoyed this Gluten Free Moist Mint Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe, then you’ll just love these gluten free chocolate mint recipes:
- 5 Minute Easy Peppermint Fudge
- Dark Chocolate Almond Mint Homemade KIND Bar Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Peppermint Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Vegan Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
- Easy Vegan Cinnamon Pecan Cookies
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¾ teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup and extracts. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup about ¾ of the way for a greater quantity of smaller muffins, or all the way to the top for a smaller quantity of big, domed-top muffins. Bake for 16-24 minutes (on the higher end for larger muffins). Mine took 24 minutes for larger muffins. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness—it should come out mostly dry, with a few muffin bits on it.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin pan and continue cooling on rack until completely cool, 1-3 hours. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Easy Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins.
Also try my 5 minute Easy Peppermint Fudge, my Moist & Fudgy Ganache Peppermint Brownies and my Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Freezing instructions: store in a freezer-friendly, airtight container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
Muffin Pan | Parchment Cupcake Liners | Peppermint Extract | Gluten Free Oat Flour | Unsweetened Cocoa Powder | Coconut Oil | Maple Syrup | Coconut Sugar | Cooling Rack | Ice Cream Scoop (for easier muffin batter handling/scooping) | Glass Mixing Bowls | Bellemain Stainless Steel 3 Cup Flour Sifter
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.